The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Actually, you're both wrong-

last week's bad news: Brexiting is going to cost the UK £400bn by 2030.

this week's bad news: the UK has already lost £490bn.

:hihi:

Why am I wrong? Will brexit affect those in government? They won't take a personal hit, the rest of us will

Why am I wrong?
Because the OBR's £490bn write-down of the UK's wealth affects everyone invested in the UK along the wealth scale, top to bottom.

Will brexit affect those in government?
That's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. For people in government, 'Brexit' will only affect 'careers', and your guess is as good as mine about whether that will be a positive or a negative effect, depending on who you're looking at, and when.

They won't take a personal hit, the rest of us will
Of course, but then so what is new?

When has that state of affairs ever not been the case?

That £490bn hole is sure to majorly impact anyone and everyone relying on the UK's purse, in short order. That will be (in no particular order) people in receipt of welfare, public service workers, public service-supplying private contractors, users of public services (NHS can get ready) <...>

Not pensioners, because I can't see the Tories punishing their wealthy benefactors and/or their core (pension age) voters with extra taxation [in that "we" you mention...are you a pensioner? because the inflationary spiral created by the Leave vote is shortly getting pensioners a pay rise (so long as the triple lock stays in effect) Just an observation, mel, not a meant as a dig]

Add the Tories' current noises about giving the youth tax breaks into the mix, and the people who'll take the brunt of that hit will be the middle classes. Again.

Just like last time in 2010 (and the time before, and the time before, and...) i.e. those who didn't vote for Leave (nor for more of the same fiscal pain) and are, by now, getting just a little bit fed up of paying for every f' else's breakage time and again.

The UK is going to end up polarised and mired in inter-class and inter-generational conflict like it hasn't been for decades, if not longer, with rampant tax dodging and brain drain. Told ye all before :(

Edited by L00b

The post above demonstrates why the EU Elite and it's many scroungers, all with their snouts in the trough, fail to understand why the majority of the working class and the economically deprived voted to leave this Capitalist exploitation club.

This is where things get absurd. The 'liberal middle class' actually know that this is why the working class (whatever that may be, the middle class work as well...) voted to leave due to 'capitalism!!!' - we are the ones telling you that all you did was vote for MORE capitalism, in fact, you know that if you read what the Tories are saying, you opened the door for Unilateral trade-deals, you are opening the door for TTIP and US influence, not just on the markets but also in employment law etc.

You've voted to leave capitalism and ended up getting more of it.

As those good old Yanks say :thumbsup: Good job buddy!

---------- Post added 17-10-2017 at 18:28 ----------

Odd isn’t it, how no Brexiteers refute the point I made above. I know you guys read it, it is just easier to ignore- basically demonstrating what is know as... ignorance.

Don’t worry, it is bliss.

I need to order more popcorn supplies.

I really do not understand why idiots say we voted Leave was because we wanted to end capitalism. The EU entity has been anything but. It is because of the EU the so many workers rights has been enshrined into UK law because of the legislation passed from it. The working class should be wanting to protect what they have and ask for more. The EU wanting to harmonise workers right across the EU to be similar to France and Germany is a good thing for workers.

Edit: the point I am making above is only true if you’re working. So if you’re on benefits, you probably want to blame the nearest foreigner anyway and probably don’t work.

Edited by ez8004

This is where things get absurd. The 'liberal middle class' actually know that this is why the working class (whatever that may be, the middle class work as well...) voted to leave due to 'capitalism!!!' - we are the ones telling you that all you did was vote for MORE capitalism, in fact, you know that if you read what the Tories are saying, you opened the door for Unilateral trade-deals, you are opening the door for TTIP and US influence, not just on the markets but also in employment law etc.

Odd isn’t it, how no Brexiteers refute the point I made above. I know you guys read it, it is just easier to ignore- basically demonstrating what is know as... ignorance.

So are you saying that the EU supports capitalism, how can that be with the all the restrictions on trade?

---------- Post added 18-10-2017 at 01:21 ----------

How is your definition of middle and working class, working, I think its totally blurred to me from, saying the 50s or 60sor 70s, or are you saying academics to non-academics?

Edited by phil752

So are you saying that the EU supports capitalism, how can that be with the all the restrictions on trade?

How is your definition of middle and working class, working, I think its totally blurred to me from, saying the 50s or 60sor 70s, or are you saying academics to non-academics?

I am saying, pretty clearly I thought, that the EU protected the UK from the frenzied capitalism that is now being proposed by the government. They aren’t even hiding it but stil people are too slow to catch on.

Re. Your second point - I can’t stand ‘class definition’ it is a nonsense that keeps people stuck in their place.

Somebody voted Brexit to leave capitalism?

I thought that was all about leaving "evil German Empire."

Seems like sudden left turn.

Edited by Guest

I taught that was all about leaving "evil German Empire."

That's because the brexit bus doesn't know which way it's going

The EU is the most free trading bloc in the world.

Any protections that are in place are generally in response to the excessive protection of their own industry deployed by other countries like China, India, and increasingly the USA. The protections also help ensure standards.

You need to be honest with yourself. The aim of the leading Brexiters is for the UK to spearhead a massive never tried before experiment to completely reset global trading dynamics. It will fail to do that for clear reasons but will create economic chaos from which the same people driving the experiment will greatly enrich themselves. At mine and yours and almost everybody else's expense. You've been had.

---------- Post added 18-10-2017 at 07:50 ----------

I taught that was all about leaving "evil German Empire."

It's not the first time.

We just need the handbrake turn. It's coming.