2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Hi, I'm looking for someone to paper a high ceiling, with a rose in the middle. Any recommendations?

thanks

Needed to have an old airing cupboard ripped out, leaving a real mess, all wall and ceiling cased out and fitted wardrobe/cupboards installing along the whole wall. Called numerous Joiner, most didn't turn up, others promised to text a quote, none did.

Finally found Jeff the Joiner on Sheffield Forum. Excellent choice, had to wait a few weeks but came when he said and communicated well. Can't recommend him and his mate highly enough. Did all the work in one day, took all the rubbish away and cleaned up better than when he started. I am highly delighted with the result and will definitely use him again. I'm keeping his number handy 07861379796.

If anyone is looking for a kitchen fitter, I cannot give high enough praise to Scott Jenkins, who has just finished fitting our Wren kitchen. We were let down by the original fitter (I wish I was allowed to put his details and tell you to steer clear) two days before he was due to start, with our kitchen half dismantled.

Found Scott through 'Find a Builder' and what a find! He practically project managed the whole thing - finding the plumber, electrician and tiler. Fitted us in really quickly. Came on time and grafted even at weekends to get the job done. Pointed out changes and implemented them but checked at every turn that it was what we wanted.

This young man deserves to have work coming his way.

His phone number: 07946 110773

Yet another brilliant job done by Jeff the Joiner, sorted out my creaking and groaning staircase ready for new carpets to be fitted, again very reasonably priced, very clean and tidy job from start to finish.

Cheers Jeff

Would like to also recommend Jeff the Joiner and his team who recently 'top to bottom' renovated our attic room and restored our sash windows over a period of two weeks. We have also used Jeff previously to build a stair rail for us and would have no hesitation calling him again for any type of joinery work.

Professional, always on time and up-front about costs and the lead times on his availability. He was extremely considerate in keeping the house continually tidy to accommodate our two small children during the work.

He also has a lovely singing voice.

Tom.

I would like to recommend jazzer of JS Surfacing on here ,he does all types of groundworks including drainage,turfacing ,flag laying,block paving and fencing as well as resin.he has done a number of jobs for me and my friends reliable ,work of a high standard and knowledgeable.

Has anyone ever used lukes daddy

Also known as "A-Z Building & Landscaping Services"?

Would you recommend them or Not?

Edited by day-break

Hi I wondered if anyone could recommend two trades for me please in Walkley?

I need window cleaning for a three story residential property, one off clean.

I need a one off gardener to trim bamboo, bushes and tidy the grass and will take away the waste.

I had arranged for a friend to do these but they've broken their leg and I need to get it sorted for my end of tenancy asap.

I'd like to recommend (and thank) handyman Lee Rodgers. He's done an amazing job redecorating for me. I thought I was going to need to get so many different tradespeople in but he's dealt with everything. He works really quickly; I can see why he's earned the nickname leapy Lee! He's also very tidy. I'll be asking him to come back and decorate other rooms for me when he's free. Lee's contact number is 07946 237 432.

We are delighted with the work done by Whiteclffes builders. They have removed doors, installed windows, knocked out a fireplace for a display cabinet and fitted a new kitchen. The work started on the agreed date and took the time anticipated.

Eric, who owns the company, managed the project for us and was on-site nearly every day. He was courteous and friendly, as were his top-notch builders, Nigel and Owen (father and son). Nigel's tenet was "there are no problems, only solutions", which was borne out by the highly professional workmanship.

Very importantly to us, there were no gaps, the job was continuous from start to finish, including the presence of sub-contracted gas fitters and electricians, a streamlined process from our perspective. At the end of the job a few minor tweaks were necessary, these were attended to promptly and without question.

Everybody involved was so focused on what needed to be done and went the extra mile to make sure everything was just right. We are over the moon with the end result and wholeheartedly commend this company.