View Single Post
12-01-2018, 22:26   #184
Hotmale 1954

Total Posts: 2,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longy67 View Post
TBF, your first team might have been soundly beaten, such is the inconsistensy this season...
True.
If they've still got the same attitude that they had the last time they played together, then it may well have been another 2 goal margin massacre.
Hopefully for us, the organisation and 'new' attitude Jos seems to have instilled in tonight's 13 will filter through to our first team 'stars' and we will get back to, and show, what all Owls know our team is capable of.
It's over to Jos and the lads to get on with representing the club, and the fans with commitment and passion.
I look forward to the time when we have a full squad to choose from.

---------- Post added 12-01-2018 at 22:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeNextGuy View Post
We can all paint it how we want, but it was a pretty poor performance from the Blades, and it finished 0-0. Wednesday fans are happy with the point, Blades aren't.

Still think we looked a better football team, despite having no cutting edge.

I was confident before the game, we didn't show up. At least we weren't claiming to smash our rivals before going on to lose and concede four at home.

*hides*
Didn't show up?
What percentage of the ball did you have, and in what areas?
If you had 'shown up' you'd have had 100% possession and have won 20 nil.
Hogwash!
If you'd had your first choice midfield injured, your main strike force injured, and your most influential players out, AND had a man sent off and I'd then said 'we were the better footballing team', Blades would have laughed me off the Forum.
Against a United squad team, I would have fully expected to have been 'the better footballing team'...............
A very good United team drew with a very good Wednesday squad team 0-0.
We are the happier fans, so would you have been.
_______
26th December 1979, 2nd May 1981, 21st April 1991

Grand days!

Last edited by Hotmale 1954; 12-01-2018 at 23:08.