Response policing for South Sheffield no longer from Moss Way!!

I feel a bit depressed by it all - our council tax goes up and up, we have no choice but to pay it, and it's spent on high wages for things that are clearly unacceptable. It's like being mugged- but there is no way to change things.

Police commisioners do little, get huge salaries - and crime rises. We pay their wages, and have to put up with the rise in crime. We hate it, but can do nothing but continue to pay our taxes. We have no choice.

It feels so angering and depressing. We're all powerless.

I agree with your comment paula.

At the moment the police are only given bonuses in relation to revenue collection ie fines, FPN and privet hire like football events which is for the intertidal officer, however these bonuses are more often than not a pooled team effort. Hindered by presure from other offices in the pool to generate revenue, leaves little time to perform the duties they sware too. Performance in crime is rewarded by advancement. But who has time for that when the presure is on?

What utter codswallop. What is the source of such outdated fairy tales?

What utter codswallop. What is the source of such outdated fairy tales?

Ripply traffic police officer. I was told this 25/7/2013 Granted it was over 4 years ago. But hey you maybe right. should i not trust the word of a police office? lol

Edited by Grandad R

Ripply traffic police officer. I was told this 25/7/2013 Granted it was over 4 years ago. But hey you maybe right. should i not trust the word of a police office? lol

Trust the word of THIS ONE!!

I can think of a few police officers whose word I wouldn't trust. A few particular ones spring to mind in terms of recent news events.....

Moss way was only fairly recently built at a cost of millions and hailed for how good it was, I think it's more of a prisoner holding point now or at least it has been lately.

The law and order problems at the other side of the city are draining resources and leaving the South side wide open.

Mothballed in 2013:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/south-yorkshire-ageing-police-cells-to-be-mothballed-1-5735535

The Mill! It will always be The Mill. :)

I wish I could have visited :(

I believe that this did happen up until about eight years ago.

However, it was staff officers over the rank of chief super, I believe, that received a bonus in relation to income generated from penalty tickets.

Quite rightly this was stopped as it was determined that the forces concerned could be using it to their advantage.

So far, I can find no news coverage of this information actually coming from SYP. Great pictures of a new litter of Police dog puppies, the usual information about wanted and missing people, but nothing about this at all.

It's a fact that the area covered by Moss Way holds well over 100, 000 people and its response Policing will now be based miles away from where it currently is. It just adds time, distance and increased risk for officers driving to fast response jobs in the Moss Way area - maybe the public should have been told why the move has taken place?

If that is the case, maybe they should also consider dropping the 'neighbourhood police teams' identity, as its certainly not in your neighbourhood if they've been moved well away, for whatever reason.

Just in case anyone is interested, the local inspector for the south east local policing team is doing a Q and A on their facebook page tomorrow between 6 and 8pm, and hes updating the woodhouse forum in the library at 7pm on thursday about the changes to local policing in woodhouse

---------- Post added 18-09-2017 at 22:42 ----------

Maybe try the police station at Letsby Avenue (yes, there is one!)

The traffic police, based down near what used to be the airport, not sure they'll know about moss way though