Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

Hi Mel,

Thanksfor hosting the Nearlies stuff, as I said got tons more but dont want to burdon your site with dodgy rehearsals froma cellar.Got some live hallamshire stuff thats not too bad.

Another CD on its way

Asylum

Durango 95

Base Green

Essentially David and Frank Wilkes bands of the era

Still waiting for permissions on other stuff

As for the real Jesse Vegan? Well I wrote it so I know who it is!

Here's some clues-

He was lead singer with a cod goth outfit of the time

He was a notorious tight-wad would go out for the night armed with enough cash for half a pint of guinness and let everyone else's Giro subsidise him.

He had unpleasantly long fingernails with chipped blacknail varnish,

He lived on a diet of toast!

AND...I didn't like him!

PM me with your answers!

cheers dude, duly saved and will up on my site :)

two more legends from the eighties sheffield punk scene....

first dave chaos:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/sheffieldarchives/people/davechaossheffield.jpg

second, the sheffield artist and painter called rob, who came up with the full name for the legendary fcs (xxxx city xxitters):

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/sheffieldarchives/people/robartistpaintersheffield.jpg

:)

nice one dude.........ill add that exit one to the exit photos on my site?

if i acknowledge angela braithwaite?

Hey Pete fcs, Mel etc. Back from honeymoon in Italy where, among other things I met a young lad who was in an Italian Pearl Jam tribute band. That night he was doing a gig in an Irish pub near an American Air Force base - and was going to dress up as Bin Laden.

He was a right nice chap. I really fancied going along to the gig but it was a bit out of our way unfortunately.

Hey Pete fcs, Mel etc. Back from honeymoon in Italy where, among other things I met a young lad who was in an Italian Pearl Jam tribute band. That night he was doing a gig in an Irish pub near an American Air Force base - and was going to dress up as Bin Laden.

He was a right nice chap. I really fancied going along to the gig but it was a bit out of our way unfortunately.

lol that sounds so complicated

italian, irish, american and bin laden (saudi) all in 1 sentence :P

nice one dude.........ill add that exit one to the exit photos on my site?

if i acknowledge angela braithwaite?

nice one dude! :)

here's another: it's the hallamshire pub west street; me and paul bentley of noize toyz standing outside nonchale...noncher...n...sort of relaxed waiting for a gig:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/sheffieldarchives/xtras/hallamshirepubweststreetsheffied.jpg

i'm sure it'd be okay to use it if you want!

...and here's that guitarist chappy from dog soldier:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/sheffieldarchives/people/dogsoldiersheffield.jpg

iTALIAN pEARL jAM?

sounds like a type of cook-in-sauce with oysters!

:hihi: