Israel's legacy of death in Lebanon

We thought it was all over, but the killing continues.

An average of four people a day are being killed in Lebanon, and many more seriously injured, by the anti-personel bomblets that Israel sprayed into Lebanon in the last days before the cease-fire took effect.

The Israelis knew that thirty percent of these bomblets would be lying around, unexploded and waiting for the Lebanese farmers returning to their fields and villages after the cease-fire. It looks like a determined effort to exact revenge on the civilian population of southern Lebanon long after hostilities were over.

I'd be interested to hear the govt.'s view on this act of delayed terrorism by our staunch ally in the Middle East. :rant:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article1616665.ece

We thought it was all over, but the killing continues.

An average of four people a day are being killed in Lebanon, and many more seriously injured, by the anti-personel bomblets that Israel sprayed into Lebanon in the last days before the cease-fire took effect.

The Israelis knew that thirty percent of these bomblets would be lying around, unexploded and waiting for the Lebanese farmers returning to their fields and villages after the cease-fire. It looks like a determined effort to exact revenge on the civilian population of southern Lebanon long after hostilities were over.

I'd be interested to hear the govt.'s view on this act of delayed terrorism by our staunch ally in the Middle East. :rant:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article1616665.ece

and perhaps they'd also be nice enough to explain why our ally, that bastion of light and democracy in the otherwise sea of dictatorships, is actually violating the terms of the ceasefire ?

most of those being killed are children, but Israel and her allies knew that would occur.

I'll just bump this once, although I'm a little surprised, given the strength of feeling expressed here during the conflict, that it exites no interest at all.

Sounds like a war crime to me, but as it's Israel there will be nothing said about it. Calculated Israeli atrocity....par for the course !

as it's Israel there will be nothing said about it.

spot on, Israel can't do wrong while the USA defends its atrocities.

maybe we could supplly lebanon nuclear tecchnology and make a tidy profit

It always strikes me as strange that we think of some weapons are legitimate and others as not. The terrorists were firing rockets which were aimed generally at populated areas with the intention that they kill anyone, man woman or child. The Israelis, who are a sovereign democratic government then decide to attempt to stop these terrorists by bombing the areas from which they operate. When it is all over with, the Israelis are called terrorists because they used the wrong sort of bomb.

The Israeli's are terrorists, thats the main thing here. They are the ones who are being supplied and guided by the USA, the more I watch innocent children being killed and homes destroyed by them, the more I wonder why the Arab states dont do anything about it.

Surely it's time for the Arab states to tell the Americans to sod off and pull out all it's money.

The Israeli's are terrorists, thats the main thing here. They are the ones who are being supplied and guided by the USA, the more I watch innocent children being killed and homes destroyed by them, the more I wonder why the Arab states dont do anything about it.

Surely it's time for the Arab states to tell the Americans to sod off and pull out all it's money.

The Arab states are quite pathetic and hence the problem of Al-Queda.

They want to remove all these weak govt's with ones that will and can do something about it.

no no no, Israel are not terrorists. Now repeat that a hundred times and you will become a gooood citizen.

It always strikes me as strange that we think of some weapons are legitimate and others as not. The terrorists were firing rockets which were aimed generally at populated areas with the intention that they kill anyone, man woman or child. The Israelis, who are a sovereign democratic government then decide to attempt to stop these terrorists by bombing the areas from which they operate. When it is all over with, the Israelis are called terrorists because they used the wrong sort of bomb.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the Israeli's started the attacks on Lebanese infrastucture, including civilian area's.

Furthermore, I was under the impression that Lebanon was a democratically elected govt.

Furthermore, I was under the impression that Lebanon was a democratically elected govt.

They weren't fighting the Lebanese, they were fighting terrorists.

They weren't fighting the Lebanese, they were fighting terrorists.

Whilst bombing the Lebanese civillians and leaving illegal, unxeploded munitions, to injure and/or maim innocents:rolleyes:.

Why do I feel uncomforable with alot of the critisism of Israel on this forum , theres an undercurrent of anti-semitism in many posting .

What alternative does Israel have but to fight , if innocent Lebanese civilians are suffering It's a tragedy and everything the world community can do to help should be done but tell me WHAT ELSE COULD ISRAEL DO ?