Searchlight.. Criminals?

And I love the way trolls react to their accusers, not with arguments or explanations, but with yet more generalised, scattergun insults and wild assumptions that earned them the soubriquet in the first place.

But hey, every forum has an ecology. Vive la difference!

Hello Phan, who shook your cage?

I live in England because, on the whole, it's English, and that's a good thing.
Forgive me for being naive, but what would you say if someone from say Brazil (random example, replace it with whatever) said they wanted to come to England, because they heard that being English was a good thing and better than Brazil. If they integrated with our culture and had a nil impact (not a benefits abuser, but not a particularily skilled person) then would you support them coming to the UK?

I suspect the answer is No - you seem to imply that you had some kind of choice in where you were born, whereas being English is pretty much a random fact about you, and certainly something you had no control over.

Forgive me for being naive, but what would you say if someone from say Brazil (random example, replace it with whatever) said they wanted to come to England, because they heard that being English was a good thing and better than Brazil. If they integrated with our culture and had a nil impact (not a benefits abuser, but not a particularily skilled person) then would you support them coming to the UK?

I suspect the answer is No - you seem to imply that you had some kind of choice in where you were born, whereas being English is pretty much a random fact about you, and certainly something you had no control over.

Actually, I wouldn't have the slightest problem with such an individual. It wouldn't have to be Brazil - it could be Belgium, Botswana, Belarus, Burundi or Belize. The person could be white, black, pink, orange or bright green, but if they were to genuinely wish to be part of our culture and nation, and embrace our culture, and add to it, good for them.

That's why I find it pitiful that some of the PC-members of the Forum constantly call me racist - I'm not. However, because I identify tendencies for certain groups to be a problem, I'm demonised for speaking up.

Thank goodness I'm not claiming that the world is round - they'd have me burned at the stake.

Actually, I wouldn't have the slightest problem with such an individual. It wouldn't have to be Brazil - it could be Belgium, Botswana, Belarus, Burundi or Belize. The person could be white, black, pink, orange or bright green, but if they were to genuinely wish to be part of our culture and nation, and embrace our culture, and add to it, good for them.

That's why I find it pitiful that some of the PC-members of the Forum constantly call me racist - I'm not. However, because I identify tendencies for certain groups to be a problem, I'm demonised for speaking up.

Thank goodness I'm not claiming that the world is round - they'd have me burned at the stake.

Thats fair enough then :) - and for the record, I certainly agree in as far as that integration is a vital part of immigrating into the UK - but I see no reason why that also means anyone immigrating has to leave everything behind - a balance is needed (which is tipped too far towards non integration).

See, how was that for a 'lefty' viewpoint :P

Thats fair enough then :) - and for the record, I certainly agree in as far as that integration is a vital part of immigrating into the UK - but I see no reason why that also means anyone immigrating has to leave everything behind - a balance is needed (which is tipped too far towards non integration).

See, how was that for a 'lefty' viewpoint :P

That wasn't lefty - it was balanced.

I wouldn't advocate anybody forgetting their heritage, but I would hope that people wanting to become part of British society would place their main loyalty with the British state and its laws and customs.

As you so rightly said - integration is vital to immigration, and the problem we have is the legacy of 'racial tolerance' which has, perhaps with good intention, led to the most awful segregation within our cities.

Everyone should use the richness of their heritage and background to contribute to society; what they should not do is use their background to dictate the way our established society should operate.

It's called free speech el knobheado

And I call that, an insult:rolleyes:

Searchlight long may they continue :thumbsup: gave me some good laughs about the BNP's incompetence. :hihi:

searchlies are just a load of communist nutter's who spead the lies of the labour party and there leftwing friends :rant:

searchlies are just a load of communist nutter's who spead the lies of the labour party and there leftwing friends

Again what's the point in making such accusations about Searchlight fi you can't provide any evidence of the publishing false information?

Were Searchlight lying when they reported Mark collets unrepeatable outburst against Winston Churchill?

Again what's the point in making such accusations about Searchlight fi you can't provide any evidence of the publishing fase information?

Where Searchlight lying when they reported Mark collets unrepeatable outburst against Winston Churchill?

Searchlight, did a lovely piece on our project for their free sheffield paper, highlighting that however the BNP try to imply that communities are divided that is not the case.

I thought they were lovely :D

Again what's the point in making such accusations about Searchlight fi you can't provide any evidence of the publishing fase information

Hackney Gazette and North London Advertiser 8th May 1962 - Gable stands for Communist Party. ( not commys :hihi: )

Evening Standard - 18th December 1963 - Gable and two others appear at Highgate Magistrates on stolen GPO pass. ( not criminal :hihi: )

Daily Telegraph - 6th August 1977 - Harry Bidney fined £1,600 after being found guilty of eight charges of living off the earnings of prostitutes ( not morally corrupt :hihi: )

At his trial for the 1980 arson of a printworks, "In mitigation, his defence counsel, Leonard Krickler, claimed that Carpel had in the past helped the Special Branch in the Midlands and Birmingham." ( not grasses :hihi: )

Yep must admit on reflection Searchlies are a decent bunch of chaps and theres no reason not to trust them :hihi: :hihi:

Searchlight, did a lovely piece on our project for their free sheffield paper, highlighting that however the BNP try to imply that communities are divided that is not the case.

I thought they were lovely :D

It's a real shame those papers haven't been delivered all across Sheffield* so everyone had a chance to read about the work you've been doing, has it go much coverage in the Star?

*Or even put online so I've not got to go down to the Monday Club to give Timo's his copy to read whilst drinking a bottle of wine which costs more then my house.