Dam House - Weston Park. Your experiences.

Its a good venue that has got better over the years that it has been open. It started off being very stuffy, but I think they've realised they can't get away with that in the current climate!

went to dam house on 30th oct and sunday lunch on 1 nov. fantastic again both food and service fab.

not much choice on menu when i went in the summer! maybe they have changed it since? just sandwiches and salads! would not go back for food may have a drink there while in the park, there any much nicer places to eat though

not much choice on menu when i went in the summer! maybe they have changed it since? just sandwiches and salads! would not go back for food may have a drink there while in the park, there any much nicer places to eat though

You obviously went to the wrong place or looked at a different menu to everybody else.

dont think i will be going there

Why?....................................

I'm off there tonight and am looking forward to it.

Been to the Dam House twice in as many months. Both times meals superb. service A*. cant wait to try the xmas menu!

Had a wonderful meal there tonight.

I really cannot for the life of me see why some people have such a downer on the place.

A lovely starter of mushroom, fried bread, poached egg and bacon was followed by a wonderful rump of lamb. Cheese and biscuits was a perfect end and at the moment there is an offer on providing a free bottle of wine with every meal.

At £15 for 2 courses and £20 for 3 courses it's very reasonable as well. The service was friendly and attentive also.

I really do have to endorse what Taxman has posted. Rivlin6 and I had the olives and warm bread as a starter, thinking that it would be a 'light' option. The portions were so generous that I took most of mine home. The lamb rump was succulent and tender. Taxman and I shared the cheese platter and had difficulty finishing it - again, a very generous portion. Service wise nothing was too much trouble. Great evening, great company and great food.

It sounds good these days. Any cask beer or will I have to make do with overpriced pretend-foreign rubbish?