The Sheffield Star Newspaper (paper version)

Im amazed how a "local" newspaper, cant get "local" areas correct either. Many times I have seen an address followed by the wrong area. Wincobank is a favourite, apparently it covers Shiregren, Brightside, Grimesthorpe lol

They employ people from out of the Yorkshire region and they haven't a clue about Sheffield, I only buy the Star on a Saturday for the Retro supplement, other than that, no thanks.

I know we can criticise the Sheffield Star but they do provided us with amusement.

The A47 is in Norfolk, you are correct, but it was up here visiting relatives and was curious to see "ole's in't road" as they don't have them down there.
They don't have roads either, just bridleways for them there horses and carts.

(I'm an East Anglian native originally so it's ok to make these jokes.)

They don't have roads either, just bridleways for them there horses and carts.

(I'm an East Anglian native originally so it's ok to make these jokes.)

No it's not! :rant:

Whoever told you that is a cabbage short of a full load! :roll:

Another made up story in "The Star" was in August....

It said Sheffield United had a great chance of promotion this season....

Unbelievable

:hihi:

You missed the other headline mistake...

Curry deaths leads to worksop in Sheffield for Indian chefs and restaurateurs
Sounds like ratatouille could have been on the menu! :gag:

I'm beginning to think these errors are deliberate... :D

EDIT:

Oops! Just asked Mr Google and it looks like it's The Star 1 Mr Bloke 0. :blush:

Edited by Mr Bloke
Google is my friend!

Saw a copy of the Star the other week that had headline news that it's going to get cold during the Winter.

On the good side, at least the Star's weather predictions are more in touch with reality than the perennial scare stories of the Daily Express.

I know we can criticise the Sheffield Star but they do provided us with amusement.

And some good editorial pieces I think. (I do only read the Sheffield Star once a week though.)

This is a new low, nothing more than an advert dressed up as an article:

Half of Sheffield men suffer Lack of Meat Syndrome

Nearly half of all Sheffield men are suffering from Lack of Meat syndrome (LMS), it has been claimed.

A new poll has revealed that 45 per cent of men in the city are struggling with symptoms including lack of energy, sadness, mood swings and even anger.

Working with dietitian Dr Carrie Ruxton, Sizzling Pubs conducted the research into men’s eating habits to identify why meat makes men tick.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/half-of-sheffield-men-suffer-lack-of-meat-syndrome-1-7611690

I liked this in the comments

"I once felt unsatisfied after eating in a Sizzler pub, The Norton at Meadowhead.

Inedible, overpriced, rubbish. Never again."

The exact same story advert is in the Coventry Telegraph, except about Coventry -

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/whats-on/food-drink-news/coventry-men-suffering-lack-meat-10562818

I liked this in the comments

"I once felt unsatisfied after eating in a Sizzler pub, The Norton at Meadowhead.

Inedible, overpriced, rubbish. Never again."

The exact same story advert is in the Coventry Telegraph, except about Coventry -

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/whats-on/food-drink-news/coventry-men-suffering-lack-meat-10562818

:hihi:

Good spot! :thumbsup:

Here's another one...

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plymouth-men-grieve-deprived-meat-poll-shows/story-28313222-detail/story.html

From the Star:

Brett Miller, manager of The Birley Hotel, said: “We’ve long suspected that men don’t just love meat – they actually need it,”

From the Coventry paper:

Manojkumar Mehta, manager of Sizzling Pub The Bell Inn, Tile Hill said: “We’ve long suspected that men don’t just love meat – they actually need it”

From the Plymouth newspaper:

Robert Buckley, manager of Sizzling Pub The Chaddlewood in Plympton said: "We've long suspected that men don't just love meat - they actually need it.

What are the chances of that happening eh?