Dog bins overfull or not there anymore ?

Perhaps people should take responsibility for their own mess.

or

Perhaps if there are no bins in your area you could start a similar scheme.

A friend was walking on Bole Hills and someone complained that the dog bin was so full people were piling the bags on the lid and, as that was full, around the base.

She rang the appropriate department who told her to check inside the bin as it had been emptied the previous day.

Lo and behold, it was completely empty.

The theory being that someone had simply dumped their bags on top and everyone else had followed suit.

Probably because the first person to put their bag on the top did not want to touch the handle. Hardly surprising really.

On the subject of dog owners and the output they create and encourage by feeding their dogs is it not time that it was illegal in any circumstance to allow a dog to crap in any public place accessible to the public. With ASBOS and spot fines heavy enough discourage that antiscocial behaviour which also increase exponetially for repeated offences.

There is an area of wood land near me into which I see many people take their dogs presumably to empty them yet seldom do you ever see anyone leaving those woods with their bag of whatever they allowed out of their dogs.

Perhaps I am mistaken and they put the bags in their pockets, maybe in winter they use them as handwarmers.who knows what these sickos get up to.

Some do use them for decoration though as some trees become festooned with the bags those responsible did not care to take home.

Probably because the first person to put their bag on the top did not want to touch the handle. Hardly surprising really.

Someone who has just scrabbled around on the ground for poo is hardly likely to be precious about touching a poo bin handle, now are they?

I know its digressing slightly from the topic - but the most eco friendly,plastic bag reducing,cost effective method is to just leave it and walk away,especially in the countryside.

(It is even recommended to do so by the Forestry Commission.)

Unlike fag ends,plastic bottles,chip wrappers etc etc.

I know its digressing slightly from the topic - but the most eco friendly,plastic bag reducing,cost effective method is to just leave it and walk away,especially in the countryside.

(It is even recommended to do so by the Forestry Commission.)

Unlike fag ends,plastic bottles,chip wrappers etc etc.

Bit of difference to leave it in the forest than to leave it on the high street though..

Well i guess if you see more dog poo on streets you know why.

Well i guess if you see more dog poo on streets you know why. ������

Spot on.

It's either people haven't taken responsibility for their own mess.

or

People who care about their environment haven't set up a scheme to fund raise for extra bins, have volunteers to empty them and arrange for regular collection by SCC.

Someone who has just scrabbled around on the ground for poo is hardly likely to be precious about touching a poo bin handle, now are they?

fortunately i am not in a position to comment on the activities of those few that scrabble for and handle dog crap.

all i can say is that there are quite noticably far less of those than there are dogs

fortunately i am not in a position to comment on the activities of those few that scrabble for and handle dog crap.

all i can say is that there are quite noticably far less of those than there are dogs

Given that we distribute 140,000 doggy bags a year in and around Stannington I think "far less" is a bit of an exaggeration.

Have you been inside a hot car with dog poo inside a plastic bag in mid summer before? Even double bagged, it's not a pleasant experience. The lack of a poo bin has never stopped me from clearing up after my dog though, I hasten to add. I'm not the sort who litters in any circumstances.

It's your choice to have a dog, not mine.

If you can't stand the smell get a cat.