Waggon & Horses, Millhouses

Harsh !! if your so anti large pub chains, why are you feeding a Wetherspoons with your custom?

Its all about service to me, with good quality products at realistic prices. your eating on the cheap by a large outlet that buys cheap, rumoured with products very close to sell by date!!

You seem to have an axe to grind, yet still pay in to the type of company your complaining about!!

If you think the Flaming Grill brand will give you this you've got a big surprise coming. Warmed up fodder served by disinterested students waiting for something better to turn up.

If you think the Flaming Grill brand will give you this you've got a big surprise coming. Warmed up fodder served by disinterested students waiting for something better to turn up.

i have no opinion on that chain, i dont use it, its rare i use Wetherspoons either. i dont go for big chains usually!!

So i back my preferences by voting with my feet, unlike the above poster knocking one chain and paying in to another on a regular basis!!

No surprises coming at this end, i am also ex trade. I do know the score.

Fair do`s to the new manager (Stefan) , for having the foresight to come on here and do a bit of research. There`s always the danger of being trolled as we`ve seen. TBH, a grill is not my sort of thing. I like a pint but do prefer healthy food generally. That said, I really hope it does well; we do not want another supermarket!

Fair do`s to the new manager (Stefan) , for having the foresight to come on here and do a bit of research. There`s always the danger of being trolled as we`ve seen. TBH, a grill is not my sort of thing. I like a pint but do prefer healthy food generally. That said, I really hope it does well; we do not want another supermarket!

I feel a bit sorry for Stefan actually, I doubt he was expecting all these negative comments. I do think this is the wrong area for this kind of concern though, on hot sunny weekends when people come from all over the city to use the park it will probably do ok, but the rest of the time I think it'll struggle. I can't see it getting much trade from the locals.

i have no opinion on that chain, i dont use it, its rare i use Wetherspoons either. i dont go for big chains usually!!

So i back my preferences by voting with my feet, unlike the above poster knocking one chain and paying in to another on a regular basis!!

No surprises coming at this end, i am also ex trade. I do know the score.

Have to slate my thirst somewhere with the whippets!! All i am asking is that instead of putting on a load of fancy words about customer experience and having "passion" for people bla bla they just say it how it is ie hard work for not much pay!

She must be very brave. I was expecting it to be Sainsbury's local any time soon. I really can't see how it can work. Everything has been tried, right down to offering local real ales.

You're so right. I really struggle to understand what keeps going wrong, when so much love, time and cash has been put into it.

You're so right. I really struggle to understand what keeps going wrong, when so much love, time and cash has been put into it.

[This is about the nearby Cherry Tree]

I think the problem is that it's a suburban bungalow, fitted out as a pub. It's not very inviting when you go in it seems like the all the people there are in some little club of their own.

I wish the Prince of Wales would open up a something more pub-like again, rather than trying to pretend it's 'Country Dining' and pretty well excluding people who want to go for a pint.

[This is about the nearby Cherry Tree]

I think the problem is that it's a suburban bungalow, fitted out as a pub. It's not very inviting when you go in it seems like the all the people there are in some little club of their own.

I wish the Prince of Wales would open up a something more pub-like again, rather than trying to pretend it's 'Country Dining' and pretty well excluding people who want to go for a pint.

Agreed we lost a good local pub when that went into an overpriced restaurant.When ever I go past it never seems that busy either.

See a lot of ex locals in the Greystones.

Well you have started off well by asking opinions and listening to feedback.

Good luck will certainly give it a try when it opens provided it does not look like a restaurant only affair as the last place did.

It most certainly won't, the current Flaming Grill I'm at now just to give you an idea was still full of drinkers at 2am on New Years Eve, that was after our fully booked 3 course meal that finished at 10.30pm.

My personal expectations are around 50% food and 50% drink sales but until we hit the ground running everything is a bit of a waiting and guessing game, but one I am genuinely excited to get stuck in to even though it sounds like it could be a challenge.

---------- Post added 14-01-2014 at 01:57 ----------

http://www.flaminggrillpubs.com/

versus:

http://www.thebroadfield.co.uk/index.php

http://www.cricketinn.co.uk/home.html

http://www.cross-scythes.co.uk/index.html

http://www.thebeauchief.com/home.html

I guess (hope) you've done your research, but my gut feeling is that this concept would sit much happier (and maybe more profitably for you) in or around Sheffield city centre; you know West One, that kind of area.

It may work, and I wish you personally well, but it's not the sort of place that appeals to me, and those in the social grades that predominate in SW Sheffield may reside on the quality side of the quality-value equation.

Hi, I have done some research into the local competition like the above mentioned restaurants and I can't think of way to word this without almost sounding arrogant so excuse my wording, they all seem a bit old country pub fine dining style of a pub.

Maybe something a bit different wouldn't be too frowned upon?

Surely there are families that after a long day at work want to come out dine on a chargrilled great quality steak and some sizzling chicken fajitas while the kids enjoy a mini mixed grill and a childs pasta all for under the £30 mark?

Or even send the kids to the grandparents for the night and pop down and enjoy sharing a nice bottle of pinot grigio in sunset outside for around £9.

The menu and prices itself really are brilliant value and if I can get the team I recruit operating to the standards I expect and have achieved at my current workplace then I don't see any reason why the Waggon won't be a success :)

In regards to your location advice, its not something I have a choice in unfortunately and I do agree the the Waggon may of been better turned into a http://www.chefandbrewer.com but thats not the outcome so I will do my best to turn it into the best Flaming Grill in the country for all of you guys to enjoy!

Great reading all your comments, thank you all once again.

Stefan.

Well - good luck Stefan - would be good to see the place successful again

Stefan, could you please answer these brief questions?

Who will be supplying your meat?

Where will the burgers be made and who will be preparing them?

Where will your sauces (barbeque, pasta etc) be made and who will be preparing them?

Who will be supplying your fresh ingredients (bread, salad etc)?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Stefan, could you please answer these brief questions?

Who will be supplying your meat?

Where will the burgers be made and who will be preparing them?

Where will your sauces (barbeque, pasta etc) be made and who will be preparing them?

Who will be supplying your fresh ingredients (bread, salad etc)?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Could be wrong, but I bet it's this company http://www.brake.co.uk

To be fair, they're not that bad. And don't be fooled by the likes of The Cricket, Broadfield, etc.. Claiming to use locally soured suppliers, because the majority of restaurants all buy from this company. What is classed as locally sourced?

Edited by verona