Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

So I see from the Star that the council's head of major events is one of the people who founded Tramlines in 2009. No possible conflict of interest there then.

I Dont think i have ever been to tramlines with out trouble kicking off the event wants binning.

Guest makapaka
So I see from the Star that the council's head of major events is one of the people who founded Tramlines in 2009. No possible conflict of interest there then.

No - because the council was involved in funding Tramlines in 2009 and continues to provide assistance - what conflict of interest are you concerned about?

---------- Post added 05-12-2017 at 13:39 ----------

I Dont think i have ever been to tramlines with out trouble kicking off the event wants binning.

I don't think i've ever been to tramlines and seen any trouble.

No - because the council was involved in funding Tramlines in 2009 and continues to provide assistance - what conflict of interest are you concerned about?

Not getting stabbed or battered, its just a drug fest for idiots to get fueled up and cause trouble shame really as i liked the music.

Not getting stabbed or battered, its just a drug fest for idiots to get fueled up and cause trouble shame really as i liked the music.

Did you go to a different Tramlines to me for the last 7 years? I've taken my 3 month old baby to ponderosa 2 years ago and a more troublesome 15 month old to this years. I plan to take a likely even more difficult 2.5 year old to next years. I have seen one fight and that was outside the Octagon at about 3am and was literally a quick push shout and shove, the same type of thing you see every Sat and Friday night. Tramlines is totally family friendly at the main stage, loads of people having a picnic and chilling listening to some great live music. I honestly cannot relate to what festival you are describing at all.

Well they're hardly likely to say no to it moving to Hillsborough Park then, are they? It was basically a rubber stamp decision and I'm sure the concerns of residents were completely disregarded as a result.

Guest makapaka
Well they're hardly likely to say no to it moving to Hillsborough Park then, are they? It was basically a rubber stamp decision and I'm sure the concerns of residents were completely disregarded as a result.

There’s nothing to disregard.

It’s a 3 day music festival in the park. Not planning permission for a fracking station.

I think the council encourage it because of all the benefits it brings to the city - rather than because the events manager was involved in it 8 years ago.

I think it was always going to go to Hillsborough residents views haven't been disregarded I'm sure they'll look to implement solutions to some of the issues raised.

The bottom line is the pubs in town all benefit greatly from tramlines yet pay nothing towards it maybe if they were willing to put their cash into helping tramlines stay profitable it would still be in town and also free.

This way the organisers can maximise profits by having beer tents etc in the park

makes a mockery of the festival when it moved to pondersoa and lost appeal the fringe has a bigger appeal now

Well it's coming dread to think what state the park will be in when they leave. The annoying part of all this it's going to be here for 3 years the council & tramlines never mentioned the application they where making was for the 3 years.

Presumably the details were in the application, the council were aware of it, so what difference would it make had it been more obvious publicly?

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 10:36 ----------

I don't think i've ever been to tramlines and seen any trouble.

Me neither and I've been out in town most years on the weekends it's been on.

I don't pay to go in anywhere, but I do my normal bar cruise, and whilst it's busier than usual, and prices get jacked up, there's no more trouble and any other night (which is very little).