Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

Dave was on at Warners, Thoresby Hall last Saturday. Sounded better than ever and had a chat to many of the audience after the show.

Dave was on at Warners, Thoresby Hall last Saturday. Sounded better than ever and had a chat to many of the audience after the show.

Its to be hoped he has improved alot from 2016

Dave did a few concerts at the park I used to work at , good backing group but I thought he was poor . Then again I thought he was poor when he was supposed to be at his best in the 60s

Wow That's taken me back to my childhood talking about Joe Cocker. My very much older brother used to be in a well respected jazz band on the clubs, and also repaired artists' equipment at home. When they came to collect it and sometimes had to wait a bit, I'd make them draw animals for me while they had a cuppa. They'd sit me on their knees and oblige me. Joe Cocker came one day and he sat me on his knee too. My dad stood in for Joe's roadie for about a week or two when his van driver broke his foot or something, and couldn't drive.

The saxophonist in my brother's jazz band appeared as a saxophonist in the comedy 'Mars Attacks' the US movie. He had black fuzzy hair and black tash. He used to bunk up with my brother at our house when bunking up was not given a second thought. Those were the days.

Posted on this thread ie History and Ex pats this morning about a new documentary of Joe Cocker . Check out the Entertainment Chat thread,that's where it got transferred to. The doc. is on Netflix by the way.

Jimmy Crawford, anybody remember him

I don't remember him but I know he was friends with my in-laws when they were tenants of the Haigh Tree Inn on Bernard Street and later on, in the sixties.

Hi,

I realise this may be a bit of a long shot but my dad (Ron Blythe) used to play guitar with Glen Dale and the Candies back in the sixties (And then numerous other bands).

We don't have any photo's of his time with the Candies and just thought i'd ask if anyone may have any?

Frank White is Richard Hawley's uncle.

Hi

My mum used to go to equire,mojo,arbourthorne hotel late 60's, wonder if anyone remembers her- she was then susan lowe?

Edited by mattjmi

I bought Jimmy Crawfords hit record ' I love how you love me ' in fact I think I've  still got it. As for Dave Berry he could never sing.

Hi does anyone remember a band that played in Sheffield & around the uk in 1963

lead singer was named Gordon Watson?

Think he was Scottish 

Or names of any Scottish bands that were popular in 1960s

Edited by Karen Hardwick