Would You Ever Change The Team You Support

as a non follower of football, or indeed any other team sports,

a question.

what makes you choose which team you support?

I went to Hillsbro a few times before ever entering Bramall Lane. All the kids on the estate were Owls (even in Sharrow), my brother is an Owls fan. So you'd think I'd become an Owls fan. I just didn't like it there. And first went into Bramall Lane, I felt like this was my [alt] home :):hihi:

At the time as well, United were in 3rd tier, and weds I think top tier, so not glory hunting. (just as well in either case as it happens :hihi:)

It's mainly parental at a fairly rough, but most likely accurate guess.

Well Well Well. who to support it seems everbody is losing. I was thinking of supporting celtic (see post 35) but they got hammered 4-0. Man city's the team but there the wrong side of the pennine"s, and I don"t like heights.

I have wondered, if there are any similarities to which clubs people support in '2 teams per city', and which they support themselves. I can't write computer programs though. I think I once tried a thread/poll in here, and no one responded :hihi:
Yonks ago When Saturday Comes did a survey of which of Celtic or Rangers fans of (I think top division at the time) clubs supported. Pretty much every one was 50/50ish except Man City which showed a bias to Celtic. This was back in the 90s so I have no link and don't know if anyone's done anything similar since.

Yonks ago When Saturday Comes did a survey of which of Celtic or Rangers fans of (I think top division at the time) clubs supported. Pretty much every one was 50/50ish except Man City which showed a bias to Celtic. This was back in the 90s so I have no link and don't know if anyone's done anything similar since.

I might try it in here again if can think of a way to do it.

How you can change the team you follow is beyond me? Yes you can have soft spots for clubs for differing reasons, maybe favourite players.

Spent first 7 years of my life in Warrington and supported Man U moved to boro been there 45 years before moving here. Boro through and through...but being surrounded by owls fans there my adopted team..er till Saturday lol..

Are you going Saturday Mooks and if so where will you be stood????????

No m8 sorry been in hospital for 4 weeks after major op can hardly walk..

I've been a Leeds fan since my 22 August 1969, my fifth birthday. My dad bought me a Leeds shirt for a birthday present - I have no idea why. We lived in Norfolk where the local team was Norwich, and he was a Liverpool fan. I suspect he got it off the back of a lorry somewhere.

It's been an intersting five decades - ups and downs all the way, and I've followed them from whereever i've been living all around the world.

No - could never change.

Hope you get well soon Mooks, what is for certain is the Owls will be doing there very best to make you feel better come Saturday night.