Red Kite.. I think!

I know that Buzzards and Kites will share the same thermals I've seen as many as 25 sharing when I've been in SW Wales. Lots more Kites down there and they group together waiting for the fields to be harvested and then feast on mice and rats that are killed by the harvesters.

That must have been a fantastic sight, grub.

That must have been a fantastic sight, grub.

Yes it was but not too rare for the area. It was over the Towy Estuary near Carmarthen.

I've seen over 30 Kites in one go at a Kite Feeding Station but its not as good as seeing even an individual. We have our holidays on the Towy Estuary and it seems at times that the Kites show off to show you how good they are at flying. Sometimes get the same one hanging about for hours then it will catch a thermal and go. This seems to attract other Kites and Buzzards and they will all try to catch the same thermal.

I keep seeing one up at Crow Edge near Penistone.

It's eluded me up to just, I will keep an eye out for it.

Angel1.

I've seen them over Norton Lees and I think you'll find they're buzzards, not red kites .

No they are definately Kites. Crossed referenced a couple of times with a Buzzard and can say 100% they are Kites.

Driving along Bochum Parkway and turned off to go past Jordonthorpe in the fields to the left I saw a large bird which I thought was a Buzzered. I then noticed the bird had a forked tail. I'm guessing a red kite??

Anyone else seen it?

Hi Pete if you have time might be worth reporting your sighting.

http://www.yorkshireredkites.net/

http://www.yorkshireredkites.net/contact-us?view=message&layout=message&pf=1&redirect_on_success=

Red kites are definitely more common than they use to be.Driving around south Yorkshire and north notts regularly I see them quite often.

Just been doing the garden in Wincobank.I think the red kite you have seen has just been soaring over Don Valley. Have seen this bird quite a few times lately.

I find this site a little addictive. The photo's are excellent when they're posted, plenty from Sunday.

http://sbsg.org.uk/sightings/recent-news

Red Kites have been spotted quite a few time recently. Over Higger Tor today.

But, its the Green Parakeet in Graves Park that I most want to see.

Yes, a good sighting. I also saw one over Hunshelf Bank today heading towards Stocksbridge. around 1300hrs.

Seen two today on A1 near Wetherby! A common place to see them

Always see them near Wetherby! Incredible sight. I honestly think I saw one in Darnall, but can't be sure. Keeping my eyes open to try and get one on film. Need to get an otter on film as well. They say they are in the Don near meadowhall. Love this city.