Red Kite.. I think!

There was one flying over Killamarsh last week ,beautiful birds , there's quite a few nr harewood house

I've started to see a few about up north. Like Puggie, I grew up in Bucks, so I know what they look like pretty well.

Lived near there too. Pishill to be precise. Fantastic birds with a distinctive whistle.

Seen a pair in the Derwent Valley a few times. Once over the top of Moscar.

Seen one today in Rivelin Valley near the water works.

There should be a lot more here, no?

They were reintroduced in two places, Harewwod House near Leeds and the Chilterns near Aylesbury.

You see them everywhere along the M4 in the south, the best place is motorway service stations because they are scavengers and live off all the thrown away food. They have spread very far.

So why not Sheffield which is close to Harewood House as the Kite flies?

Lived 2 miles south-east of Aberystwyth, 1979-1983 in an old farmhouse and most mornings, could watch the red-kites fly down the valley, towards the tip, near the coast, just south of the town. As others have said : "Beautiful to watch." Great to hear that they have now spread as far east and north as the Sheffield area. Will keep an eye out for them, next time I go through Crowedge.

Guest makapaka

My grandad saw one while we were out today - rivelin.

There should be a lot more here, no?

They were reintroduced in two places, Harewwod House near Leeds and the Chilterns near Aylesbury.

You see them everywhere along the M4 in the south, the best place is motorway service stations because they are scavengers and live off all the thrown away food. They have spread very far.

So why not Sheffield which is close to Harewood House as the Kite flies?

I think the City Council have banned them.

I see plenty of red kites in North East Leeds; six in the air at once a couple of years ago.

Have had the pleasure of seeing red kites over S8 Meadowhead/Greenhill area for the last few months now. Most that have been spotted at the same time is 5. Catching the thermals then gliding off. Absolutely stunning to watch.

Have had the pleasure of seeing red kites over S8 Meadowhead/Greenhill area for the last few months now. Most that have been spotted at the same time is 5. Catching the thermals then gliding off. Absolutely stunning to watch.

I've seen them over Norton Lees and I think you'll find they're buzzards, not red kites .

I know that grub. In this area you rarely see more than two red kites together, let alone five.