Gravity collapse SJC.

That is probably the quantum effect...

Do you mean the quantum leap of faith in the self-confessed experts here on SF?

SJCrothers,

Why is the field expressed as a Scaler quantity and not a Vector quantity (having magnitude and direction ) ?

Easy, because dW º dq2 + sin2qdj2, and {xm} + dR4 - rT(vb) cos3e = {t, r, q, j}

Do you mean the quantum leap of faith in the self-confessed experts here on SF?

I mean the idea of two contradictory things both being simultaneously true (at least until the wave function collapses): as in Schroedinger's cat being both alive and dead until the box is opened.

How does the non vacuum of earth meet the vacuum of space?

How does the non vacuum of earth meet the vacuum of space?

Gradually.

How does light propagate? Once upon a time that kind of question was fundamentally important to physics, but post Einstein, they have given up trying to model the real world, preferring instead the purity of mathematical models...

Gradually.

How does light propagate? Once upon a time that kind of question was fundamentally important to physics, but post Einstein, they have given up trying to model the real world, preferring instead the purity of mathematical models...

Frankly I'm not impressed with how the scientific establishment, particularly the liars of NASA bat away doubters of their "facts" with complex mathematical equations. They're worse than a religious cult the way they reach for their book of numbers.

Frankly I'm not impressed with how the scientific establishment, particularly the liars of NASA bat away doubters of their "facts" with complex mathematical equations. They're worse than a religious cult the way they reach for their book of numbers.

You won't find me arguing on that. Except for the use of the word "liars", which indicates deliberate dishonesty: I think they sincerely believe it.

Did anybody ever get an answer on the relativity question? Are we allowed to discuss it here or not?

Hairyloon,

Your second paragraph. Are your referring to the General Relativity thread posted by SJC-that disappeared from the Forum ?

---------- Post added 26-08-2017 at 00:43 ----------

Easy, because dW º dq2 + sin2qdj2, and {xm} + dR4 - rT(vb) cos3e = {t, r, q, j}

Mikey Finn,

I beg your pardon. But it doesn't answer the question. Out of curiosity,where did you get the "cos3e " from ?

Hairyloon,

Your second paragraph. Are your referring to the General Relativity thread posted by SJC-that disappeared from the Forum ?

Sorry I am prohibited from answering that question.

What is gravitational collapse in simple terms that I might understand? I mean what is supposed to collapse? Does space time collapse? Does it refer to a star which collapses in on itself?

Thankfully this post is well above my pay grade, it's all double dutch to me. Back in the real world Hamilton is leading the GP.

Angel1.

What is gravitational collapse in simple terms that I might understand?

If I understand correctly, it is when a star becomes so massive that the gravitational force overcomes the other forces and the atoms themselves collapse...