The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

To reverse brexit would be a total betrayal of the people. I don't want to move further away from the Eu and I'm pretty sure most people don't either. I voted to remain but now I just want to trade with the Eu fairly and the rest of the world as well.

No it wouldn't.

It would go against a minority of the population - yes a majority of those who voted, but not a total betrayal.

This whole situation is quite simple. The British people voted to LEAVE .

Actually some did, (about 25%) but the vast majority didn't.

Change of post direction, slightly. Should all the remoaning remaining MP's whose constituency's voted to leave the corrupt EU (aka Anna Soubry, remoaner in chief) be deselected. They are not representing their constituents wishes, which they were elected to do, yes/no.

If we have discussed this before, apologies.:loopy:

Angel1.

Change of post direction, slightly. Should all the remoaning remaining MP's whose constituency's voted to leave the corrupt EU (aka Anna Soubry, remoaner in chief) be deselected. They are not representing their constituents wishes, which they were elected to do, yes/no.

It will only be an issue if we do not leave.

Angel1.

I have this exact situation with my MP , Angela Smith. She is a remoaner , yet her constituency voted leave. In my opinion she should resign because she is going against the wishes of the very people who voted her in .

Angel1.

They've already been re-elected since the referendum result when their positions on brexit were known to their constituents.

I have this exact situation with my MP , Angela Smith. She is a remoaner , yet her constituency voted leave. In my opinion she should resign because she is going against the wishes of the very people who voted her in .

But surely she should vote to try and help everyone, as best as she sees fit - that's what the whole sovereignty thing is about isn't?

If you just want to run a country to help the winners and sod the losers you might as well run the country like x-factor.

She should resign over a single policy? Didn't have have your chance to vote her out at the last GE? Don't like democracy eh?

Actually some did, (about 25%) but the vast majority didn't.

Stop playing with numbers . Of the 100% that bothered to vote , 52% voted to leave , 48% voted to remain

Angel1.

There is no requirement for a Member of Parliament to represent their constituents' wishes.

Someone standing for election says what they stand for, and the people vote. If that person fails to deliver, then voters can vote for someone else next time. Same if the person does deliver what they ssid they would, the people can still vote for someone else next time.

Anyone who doesn't like their MP's virw on brexit is free to vote for someone else at the next election

Stop playing with numbers . Of the 100% that bothered to vote , 52% voted to leave , 48% voted to remain

Not playing with numbers at all.

I was replying to a poster who claimed that 'the British people voted to LEAVE by pointing out that the majority of British people DID NOT vote to leave.

Like it or not that is the most important factor in this whole debate. The government is trying to push through a policy that is not supported by the majority of people in Britain. This is a fact that you can't ignore.

Not playing with numbers at all.

I was replying to a poster who claimed that 'the British people voted to LEAVE by pointing out that the majority of British people DID NOT vote to leave.

Like it or not that is the most important factor in this whole debate. The government is trying to push through a policy that is not supported by the majority of people in Britain. This is a fact that you can't ignore.

Not ignoring anything but if the majority of remain voters couldn't be bothered to vote , that's why we are here now . Maybe if it was a full turnout at the polls the leave voters would've won by more than 52% . May be :roll: