Bus Lane Cameras - Queens Road

Well i'm gonna have to get my James Bond style revolving number plates installed asap I think.

What annoys me with the Queens road bus lane is that the busses use it till the end and then push into the car lane as thats the lane the majority of them need!!

What annoys me with the Queens road bus lane is that the busses use it till the end and then push into the car lane as thats the lane the majority of them need!!

Yeah... I kind of see your point, but that's the whole reason they exist. I see both sides cos I drive in to work half the week and bus the rest. Bus drivers are rubbish and will push in given a centimetre of space... but when I'm in the car I let them in.

yep I just typed nonsense. It's been a long week.

You clearly know the road so i won't explain it. There's just nothing more irritating that waiting in line there, happily watching the buses get past, only to be infuriated by the four cars that inevitably follow.

Yeah... I kind of see your point, but that's the whole reason they exist. I see both sides cos I drive in to work half the week and bus the rest. Bus drivers are rubbish and will push in given a centimetre of space... but when I'm in the car I let them in.

I will gladly let busses in, but as soon as they think its their right to be let in, try to push or dont indicate then I wont.

I will gladly let busses in, but as soon as they think its their right to be let in, try to push or dont indicate then I wont.

The problem is they have nowhere else to go - they need to cross over lanes. I agree that if you see a muppet that has quite clearly whizzed along an empty lane only to try and cut in, you do the must-keep-6-inches-from-car-in-front manouevre :hihi: , but in this instance they have no alternative but to cross lanes. If everyone in a car said "I'm not letting him in" then the bus would never go anywhere.

Generally it's badly designed road systems that mandate crossing lanes, but there's no alternative here - bus lanes have to be next to the pavement else they're no good for getting the punters on :)

Will stop me using Absolutely Scooters. Good advert Sir :loopy:

I ride a Lambretta which can be used in the bus lane so it is a good advert sir

I ride a Lambretta which can be used in the bus lane so it is a good advert sir

Fair point well made Sir :hihi:

Quite as an aside, why motorcycles can use the lane is a moot point - why they have a divine right to free passage is beyond me... I would adopt the pre-Boris TfL regs if it was up to me. Although I do laugh at the 25 stone bloke on his cruiser-rep fifty farting along every morning, really cheers me up. So maybe it's for amusement :)

Word of advice, signs are up for bus lane enforcement, looks like it will start on 15/11/10.

Quite as an aside, why motorcycles can use the lane is a moot point - why they have a divine right to free passage is beyond me...

Fair enough, I see the argument for no vehicle having priority over another, however if I were not allowed in the bus lanes on my motorbike I'd just filter anyway, so might aswell put me in the bus lane out of your way.

I tend to feel the same about being courteous to other road users when cycling. Which is why when I have someone like you who thinks it's your right to use the bus lane, that I often ease myself out of the cycle lane and take things a bit more leisurely - take things in a bit more. I also sometimes drive in to work along that stretch and there's always an idiot or two who think it doesn't apply to them. There was one this morning, who might be in for a shock! So if you've ever been stuck behind me on my bike, know that I'm doing it for all the other safe and courteous drivers.

Having been cut up countless times by people pulling into the bus lane without looking or indicating and on one occasion having a guy intentionally try and barge me off the road, I'm all for the cameras.

sadly i can see it going to central government to waste on prawn sandwichs or the likes. .

Prawn sandwiches??? Try crates and crates of expensive wine with a total of £7000!! And that was only for a recent party conference that was held!