Need to get fit - any suggestions how?

Try pilates it is great for shaping up!

If you just want to get fitter then buy a decent pair of trainers and run around South Yorkshire until you're exhausted. Repeat a few dozen times. Done.

Failing that

Try kickboxing

Great way to get yourself into shape .

Kickboxing burns approximately 500 calories per hour and also tones up all the muscles of your body. Youll find youself having muscles you didnt even think you had!

Monday/Thursday at 830pm in the town centre.

KNOX Boxing gym

77 sidney street

Sheffeld S1 4RG

Near decathlon sports shop and Niche Nightclub

yesssssssssssssssssssss

Carl, have i seen you at the classes yet?

I suggest Dancing - try Hype Dance - or Circus stuff for something completely different - at Greentop! Trapeze really works your arms and abs, but they also do A Hulacise class and Dance Fusion, which I;ve heard are good for fitness.

Both more fun than the gym if you don't like that kind of thing.

I go to a class on Tuesday night at Hunters Bar, St Williams Church @ 7.30pm.

Its way way cheaper than going to a gym, I've seen a real change to my body in the sense that I'm 2 dress sizes less now, I'm toned up and I've lost weight. I never achieved that when I went to a gym.

I saved a fortune on gym fees which was a good thing as I needed to buy new clothes as the clothes I used to wear were too big. When I started I was size 16/18ish, now I'm size 12

The atmosphere is nice, and is a refreshing change from the run of the mill circuit classes you find in gyms

Edited by shoes

Kickboxing is definitely better than the gym ! Better than just walking on a treadmill like a hamster in a wheel.

As well as burning 500 calories per hour, you will also learn punching and kicking skills and how to defend against someone trying to punch, grab or rugby tackle you !!! You will also learn to punch harder than guys bigger than you!

Try a kickboxing beginners class, once youve tried a class you wont look back!

Monday and Thursday at KNOX Boxing gym

77 sidney street

Sheffield

S1 4RG

or ring 07775 914155 to Book your first class!

I suggest Dancing - try Hype Dance - or Circus stuff for something completely different - at Greentop! Trapeze really works your arms and abs, but they also do A Hulacise class and Dance Fusion, which I;ve heard are good for fitness.

Both more fun than the gym if you don't like that kind of thing.

Well ican vouch for the hulacise at greentop- i stayed on after work for it on wednesday, i am totally out of shape and it was a) really really exerting but b) really really good fun.

So I can recommend it.

Craig

xx

This is one thing that's never appealed to me.

One of the attractions of going for a run is getting away from all kinds of noise and appreciating the softer sounds of nature, be it, gushing water, the trees swaying in the wind or farm animal sounds.

I live in Lodge Moor and within a minute I can be in the countryside and enjoying the peacefulness of it. Nature's soundtrack is blissful and anyone wanting to hide that under an MP3 player is missing one of the major attractions of running IMO.

Maybe it's an age thing?:D

Me neither!

I like to go for a run to get away from things, have a break from all the kids, and blow off some steam away from all the racket.

perhaps it is an age thing???:)

I'm trying to find out different options available to increase my fitness. Getting a bit bored of the gym.

Can anyone suggest anything in Sheffield that might work? I also want to meet new people as only just moved to the area!

Hiya lak03,

With 34 replies I guess your question has been answered,big time.

However,over the past few weeks,and months,I've seen other similar threads saying "I'm bored with the gym".I'm genuinely interested to know from you,or any other SF ex-gymgoers, why this is.After all, gyms have tens of thousands of pounds worth of various bits of tackle to help you in your endeavour,the environment is warm and comfortable,fitness experts are on hand to help/guide and there are very good relaxing "apres workout" facilities.So what's so boring about gyms?Why are you getting bored?:)