You can now post pictures on posts! (in this section) Here's how...

With the new site update, we can all now post pictures directly into posts, so it now won't be necessary to put a 'link' to your photos from outside photo sites. :)

To post pictures directly into a post, you need to upload your pictures onto an online photo site such as Photobucket or flickr which are free to join. Upload your pictures as normal in there.

Then from the photo site, you should copy and paste the link to your photo, making sure that it is a .jpg file.*

If you copy and paste a file that starts and ends with and, then it will work without any typing adjustments...

for example... on photobucket you should copy and paste this link which I have circled (badly:hihi:)..

imgfile.jpg

Any files that are labeled http:// ,you have to manually type before the http, and after .jpg, at the end, with no spaces, and case sensitive (it seems).

You can currently post 8 images. NOTE though, a 'smiley' is classed as 1 image. :)

Please use this thread to practice! It resizes your picture automatically

If you post a link and it doesn't work then one of the GL's will edit it to show where you are going wrong. So just quote your own post, and you will see the change/correction. :)

*so far, I believe this only accepts jpegs, will change as necessary

Edited by Hook

testing

DSCF1442.JPG"

and again

DSCF1677.JPG"

Checking size stuff

DSCF1492.JPG"

OK then- let's see if I can get this one without any extra help:

Molly21309.07001.jpg

Woohoo!

Strange how almost all of my photos are of animals, isn't it?

Are we gonna get lots of pics of Sheffield? I hope so, Im looking forward to that.

Are we gonna get lots of pics of Sheffield? I hope so, Im looking forward to that.

Hi Jabbers, there is a thread for Sheffield photos, but not very well used and when it has been, not all with photos of Sheffield. There is a section on Geograph and I've invited Sheffielders to join, but not seemed to have had any response.

This is the main grid square of Sheffield in Geograph with 192 images. Lincoln has 876 for the same square. I thought folks in my home town were a bit more proud of the city than a measly 192. A complete outsider from Bournemouth has added 76 of those: -

http://www.geograph.org.uk/browse.php?p=348559

Hi Jabbers, there is a thread for Sheffield photos, but not very well used and when it has been, not all with photos of Sheffield.

If you mean the thread in here, when I get a little time this week, I'm going to tidy it up and change the links to the new format. Then boost it to the top, I think now with our added changes, it may become more popular. :)

If you mean the thread in here, when I get a little time this week, I'm going to tidy it up and change the links to the new format. Then boost it to the top, I think now with our added changes, it may become more popular. :)

It will certainly make it easier for some to post pictures and have the added bonus of being instantly viewable.

So have I got a computer problem as they don't show on mine?

You need to make sure you copy the image code correctly from photobucket. The picture in the post you just quoted works OK here.

Out of curiosity (and slightly OT) - is there any reason this 'feature' has been restricted to this area of the forum?

I would have thought posting pictures inline would be a great way for people to share their experiences and such in other areas of the forum also?

Out of curiosity (and slightly OT) - is there any reason this 'feature' has been restricted to this area of the forum?

I would have thought posting pictures inline would be a great way for people to share their experiences and such in other areas of the forum also?

I think it's because people aren't used to seeing pictures in other areas of the forum and some people on here aren't yet on broadband. People expect to see large photos in the photography, but not in other forums - therefore it isn't enabled. Also I think the photography forum is in effect 'beta testing' the feature, and it may be rolled out to other SIGS later.

I could be wrong, but that was my impression from a few posts admin/mods have made :)