Don't ask me to do my job, I'm a Christian

I'm back. I have to go out sometimes you know.

The thing is you can throw as much data at me as you like, of course you are going to post things that suite you, these people are all tarred with the same brush and as for the Catholics, I only have to point you in the direction of the media, and as for gays coming on, of course you are going to defend yourself, as will anyone else who feels they need to, as obviously you all do, if you felt alright about yourselves you wouldn't feel the need to defend yourselves.

and as for Christians coming on, of course you are going to defend yourself, as will anyone else who feels they need to, as obviously you all do, if you felt alright about yourselves you wouldn't feel the need to defend yourselves.

I didnt realise people were talking about lesbian parents, wasnt it a male couple, quite a difference

Wasn't who a male couple :huh:

What difference would it make to anything if they were?

and as for Christians coming on, of course you are going to defend yourself, as will anyone else who feels they need to, as obviously you all do, if you felt alright about yourselves you wouldn't feel the need to defend yourselves.

I don't have to defend myself against you plek. Take it whatever way you like.

...I don't know why because heterosexuals are in the majority, but apparently not on this forum? ...

What do you mean by that?

...it is just that attitudes rub off especially for a young child who is at an impressionable age and in constant contact with a gay couple if adopted by them and that is my concern I have to admit.

What attitudes?

This appears to confirm the suspicion I expressed in a previous post, i.e. that most of the research conducted on gay adoption so far relates to lesbian couples. The evidence concerning gay fathers is probably too sparse to draw any definitive conclusions at present, although we should not automatically assume that there will be no significant difference between the two genders with regard to the overall success of parenting in these cases. There may or may not be. However, conflating the evidence derived from one group to include the other is highly questionable. The researchers themselves are probably careful not to do this, but I suspect that many advocates of gay adoption on fora such as these are not so precise or scrupulous in their use of evidence.

Thank you for your support, I feel very lonely here and I don't know why because heterosexuals are in the majority, but apparently not on this forum?

Heterosexuals are in a clear majority on this forum it's homophobic bigots that are in the minority, do you really not understand that you don't have to be gay to realise that there's nothing wrong with gay adoption?

Although I have to admit they are a fine bunch of people, it is just that attitudes rub off especially for a young child who is at an impressionable age and in constant contact with a gay couple if adopted by them and that is my concern I have to admit.

How many times are you going to repeat this homophobic rubbish in wilful denial of the known facts? People have studied this and there is now evidence that homosexual parents have an adverse effect on their children.

Once again here is a link to an American Psychological Association report on 'Children of Lesbian & Gay Parents' in which your concerns are shown to be bogus. I've linked to this document many times now will you please have the common courtesy to acknowledge it's existence.

Misquoting me again I see plek. You always twist things don't you, that's why I don't bother with you.

I don't have to defend myself against you plek. Take it whatever way you like.

Do you really not understand that I was quoting your own words back at you?

I'm back. I have to go out sometimes you know.

The thing is you can throw as much data at me as you like, of course you are going to post things that suite you, these people are all tarred with the same brush and as for the Catholics, I only have to point you in the direction of the media, and as for gays coming on, of course you are going to defend yourself, as will anyone else who feels they need to, as obviously you all do, if you felt alright about yourselves you wouldn't feel the need to defend yourselves.[/Quote]

You have after all spent this entire thread defending Christian bigotry, by your own reasoning 'if you [Christians] felt alright about yourselves you wouldn't feel the need to defend yourselves'

Heterosexuals are in a clear majority on this forum it's homophobic bigots that are in the minority, do you really not understand that you don't have to be gay to realise that there's nothing wrong with gay adoption?

How many times are you going to repeat this homophobic rubbish in wilful denial of the known facts? People have studied this and there is now evidence that homosexual parents have an adverse effect on their children.

Once again here is a link to an American Psychological Association report on 'Children of Lesbian & Gay Parents' in which your concerns are shown to be bogus. I've linked to this document many times now will you please have the common courtesy to acknowledge it's existence.

You *****************

The co-author is not a researcher but a propagandist, asserted Joe Glover, president of the Family Policy Network. Glover noted that the co-author of the study, University of Virginia professor Charlotte J. Patterson, is a lesbian living with a female partner and raising three children.

Dont worry grahame your view is the one that the vast majority agree with,dont let the queer mafia on here put you off.:thumbsup:

Dont worry grahame your view is the one that the vast majority agree with,dont let the queer mafia on here put you off.:thumbsup:

If his view represents the vast majority where are all the other homophobes hiding?

This appears to confirm the suspicion I expressed in a previous post, i.e. that most of the research conducted on gay adoption so far relates to lesbian couples. The evidence concerning gay fathers is probably too sparse to draw any definitive conclusions at present, although we should not automatically assume that there will be no significant difference between the two genders with regard to the overall success of parenting in these cases. There may or may not be. However, conflating the evidence derived from one group to include the other is highly questionable. The researchers themselves are probably careful not to do this, but I suspect that many advocates of gay adoption on fora such as these are not so precise or scrupulous in their use of evidence.

There's no evidence that homosexual parents (though as you correctly point out given the difficulties they had in getting children to raise very little evidence on male homosexual parents) are bad for kids and lots that having no parents is very bad for kids as such it seems pretty self evident that children are better of if families with lesbian or gay parents than in children's homes. There may well be some statistical differences between gay and lesbian parents but I see no reason to think that gay parents could conceivably be worse than children's homes.