Worrying events on US Airways Flight last week...

Did some of you people even read the article ?

If so, would you have felt comfortable taking this flight ?

Don't think that I would.

Would you not feel concerned about a spouse or child taking this flight ?

Think that I would.

I don't think that I'm paranoid about muslims but some of you people seem to accept any explanation as long as it's offered up as a potential discrimination issue.

Read the d***n article as well as the eye witness testimony and it would seem that the crew did the correct thing in a courteous and efficient manner.

Why do people get annoyed at anti Muslim threads ? anti American threads don't seem to bother people one bit....wonder why :confused:

Why do people get annoyed at anti Muslim threads ? anti American threads don't seem to bother people one bit....wonder why :confused:

has there been a flurry of anti american threads in the past year?

there seems to be an anti muslim thread weekly, sometimes daily

Did some of you people even read the article ?

If so, would you have felt comfortable taking this flight ?

Don't think that I would.

Would you not feel concerned about a spouse or child taking this flight ?

Think that I would.

I don't think that I'm paranoid about muslims but some of you people seem to accept any explanation as long as it's offered up as a potential discrimination issue.

Read the d***n article as well as the eye witness testimony and it would seem that the crew did the correct thing in a courteous and efficient manner.

exactly

YOU would be paranoid so YOU would feel uncomfortable on that flight

even if they are doing odd things but arent actually gonna do something dangerous, its in YOUR head that theyre gonna blow up a plane or whatever

exactly

YOU would be paranoid so YOU would feel uncomfortable on that flight

even if they are doing odd things but arent actually gonna do something dangerous, its in YOUR head that theyre gonna blow up a plane or whatever

It would be in my head too, how many Muslims have blown up or tried to blow up planes ? then, how many Brits or AMericans have tried the same thing ??

tbh its not really what they have or havent done

the thing that gets on my goat is the actual threads and the reason behind people posting these "anti" muslim threads, i think the main reason IS to cause trouble and inflame relations between muslims and the rest

If you can't handle discussion of events I advise you find a stone to lie under.

Free speech is for everyone not just those that discuss only "authorised" and "non inflammatory" subjects.

These men were doing much more than praying. Read the articles or Google same. Thousands of muslims who follow the rules fly every day in the US and all over the world without a problem. To me, this is much more a "you're not the boss of me and I don't have to do what you say because I'm special" situation than anything else.

Anybody who draws attention to themselves the way these guys did and thinks nothing will come of it is, well, I don't know what to say except that I don't think this is going to go they way they think it will. Reportedly, US Airways has been besieged with calls and emails from people thanking them for investigating the incident and promising to fly with them in the future. The men got full refunds and flew on another airline the same day.

At the very least, I feel they owe their fellow passengers on the original flight an apology for delaying their departure by three hours and making everyone go through the hassle of security yet again. I bet they'd probably get alot more sympathy if they did, but I'm betting the thought that they might have been inconveniencing other travelers never entered their minds.

:) Sierra

At the worst they could have been dangerous.

At the best they were more than stupid.

And you know "people like her" pass off as "normal" in America, because?

:) Sierra

Because? ................................people such as you accept her as a normal person, and not as an ignorant fox news influenced anti muslim with little knowledge about Islam (apart from what's fed to her through your paranoid media).

A question for those pontificating on how stupid these people were to offer a prayer, "How many planes have been hijacked by mullas or the religious types or suicide bombings by muslim priests?" All that these people did was to pray, (and it seems obvious these were some sorts of priests so then that is only expected that they would pray five times a day) and that is a pious thing to do anywhere but infront of stupid Americans. Invoking Bin Ladin? doesn't that tell you what a nutter this woman is? To her any word in Arabic means a bomb and terrorist, well Sierra that is sort of ignorance that is truely bliss, is this what they mean by the American dream, a detatchment from reality?

At the worst they could have been dangerous.

At the best they were more than stupid.

The Amercan Airlines? totally agree!

The Amercan Airlines? totally agree!

I wasn't referring to the airline as you well know.

There was more to the suspects behaviour than just praying.

Why did they all separate on the aircraft for a start ?

When I've flown with workmates we try to sit together.

Why did they have one-way only tickets ?

Why did they request seat belt extensions and fail to use them ?

As I said earlier, would you have felt comfortable enough to fly under the circumstances ?

They were incredibly stupid if nothing else, AND I'm still not referring to the airline.

I'm not really into debating the whole anti-muslim thing, but yes, I would have been happy to fly on the flight. Its still one of the safest methods of travel. Just exactly how many planes have been blown up by Muslim terrorists, by the way?

Hijackings are now practically impossible, or should be, if the airline is following procedure correctly.