Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About bassguitar

  • Rank
    Registered User

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thank you both for your comments. I would be happy for any kind of method to park close to the property that I'm working on, at a reasonable rate, so will make enquiries. I would also like to find out if my tenants are entitled to residents parking, although I doubt that is available in the city centre?
  2. Hi Does anyone know if it's possible to get a parking permit from the council, ( as an owner of the property) to park in the city centre. I own a number of flats in various locations and it is so difficult to work on them properly without having the use of my car. I usually stay about a week, and currently park elsewhere then get the bus into town Thanks for any comments.
  3. Hi, I'm a Sheffield landlord and have always managed my own properties, but I'm now considering having an agent to do this for me. My previous experiences elsewhere, regarding this haven't been great. So I'm looking for some recommendations from Sheffield landlords that are happy with the service provided by their agents and hopefully this will help with my search. Thank you all so much for reading my post
  4. Hi I'm looking for a company who will be port of call for tenants if there is a repair needed or a problem. Also to deal with any legal notices, inventory. No tenant find or contracts needed. All property currently tenanted Thank you
  5. Help. I need some repairs to wooden window frames in Sheffield , to help them close properly and to fit some restrictors to prevent anyone falling out. I don't know who to ask, can anyone recommend ?
  6. Thank you for all your help and advice i have employed an electrician now
  7. Can anyone tell me a ball park figure for fitting a consumer unit in replacement of an old fuse box? It's for a 2 bed flat, to incorporate lighting, power sockets, immersion heater, shower and cooker
  8. Can anyone recommend anyone who can repair an integrated fridge freezer in a Sheffield city centre apartment. I've looked at previous threads but there is nothing recent , only rather old posts. Thanks
  9. Can anyone recommend someone who is able to service the electric hot water cylinders in Sheffield City apartments? Some are vented and some are unvented. Ideally they need checking each year, and if necessary any repairs need to be made. We currently have a vented cylinder which is not working and have had considerable problems in finding the right tradesman to fix it. I understand that this is not a regular plumbing job We were told to phone the manufacturer who asked for £228 up front to send someone out to fix it. Now he has been to the property we have been told that was a call out fee and have been sent a report on what needs fixing! So we are looking for a reliable local person who can help please ---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 04:18 ---------- Thank you for reply regarding the unvented cylinder which I will respond to. However, I still have the problem of fixing the vented hot water tanks. I don't understand th difference and why a tradesman can fix one but not the other? Can anyone help with these please?
  10. P & M Domestic appliance repairs ( & sales ) 0114 255 6866. I've found them to be reliable and reasonably priced
  11. Thank you everyone. Turns out that my tenant bought a new back up battery and all is well now!
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.