Experience writing ebooks for Kindle?

A few years ago I wrote some ebooks which I sold in both 'digital download' format - when the likes of eBay permitted it - and later on CD.

The books were formed using HTML, with 'moving graphics' courtesy of various swf files.

I was considering updating the work for resale using the likes of a Kindle as a platform, but have no experience in the process of converting the original pages to the Kindle format.

A Google search has revealed various 'solutions', but I was wondering if anybody here had direct experience/suggestions/recommendations of one product over another?

All that can be advised is that you select your original books for conversion, select the conversion type (Kindle) and look at the results - No guarantees that you will get the results you are after. Calibre is Open Source and it attempts to do what it says and is Cross-Platform compatible (Windows, Mac, GNU/Linux)

All that can be advised is that you select your original books for conversion, select the conversion type (Kindle) and look at the results - No guarantees that you will get the results you are after. Calibre is Open Source and it attempts to do what it says and is Cross-Platform compatible (Windows, Mac, GNU/Linux)

Hmmmm.

Thought I might have trouble.

The swf files, featured on most of the html pages, cause problems.

Time for a re-think.

Perhaps it was just a bad idea to start with!

Just downed the 64bit version.

Have you experience with it?

In converting various other formats to MOBI for my Kindle. Its been quite good.

Calibre and Sigil are both excellent and free epub handlers. But your big problem would appear to be the use of .swf (i.e. Flash) files: support for Flash is already disappearing and I'm not even sure that the epub standards have ever allowed it.

Calibre and Sigil are both excellent and free epub handlers. But your big problem would appear to be the use of .swf (i.e. Flash) files: support for Flash is already disappearing and I'm not even sure that the epub standards have ever allowed it.

Had a play with Sigil last night, having watched a few YouTube guides to speed things up! Yes, the swf files are going to be a problem....will have to have a rethink as to an alternative method.