Is a landline needed?

I need advice re a landline and Internet. Does anyone know of any company that avoids the landline. I'm currently with Vodafone and the customer service is absolutely shocking and cringeworthy fake. I've determined that the online chat support is in India :help: and the technical support is in Doha, Qatar :help:. After being on chat for 1 hr with India then 1 hr with Qatar I give up :rant:. I need a new Internet provider with a UK based customer service which avoids the landline. Any help appreciated guys.

A quick Google with "internet without landline" gives you your answer.

But does it state where the customer service hub is?...usually not which is why i need humans here not google...thank you

But does it state where the customer service hub is?...usually not which is why i need humans here not google...thank you

Do you mean broadband without a physical landline or broadband where you can pay one company for the phone line and another for broadband?

Do you mean broadband without a physical landline or broadband where you can pay one company for the phone line and another for broadband?

Broadband without a physical landline, if that is possible PLUS a UK based customer service. A company must exist...

Broadband without a physical landline, if that is possible PLUS a UK based customer service. A company must exist...

There will be alternatives but I think you'd be looking at some sort of satellite system or maybe using your mobile as a hotspot..I reckon both would be expensive compared to either virgin or a normal landline..

VirginMedia meets both of your conditions, but you should know that their charges are higher than most other broadband providers.

Three.. 3.. do a mobile broadband Wireless/Ethernet router that does not use a landline but a 4G sim and I'm sure the customer service is in the UK.

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Huawei/HomeFi?memory=0&colour=Black

Not sure if others do though and just to add its for a 40GB per moth allowance only.

Edited by apelike
additional info

VirginMedia meets both of your conditions, but you should know that their charges are higher than most other broadband providers.

And they don't cover all areas...

Does anyone know of any company that avoids the landline.

The only way you can avoid line rental costs is to continue with mobile data or as has been said, Virgin if you have it in your area.

Check out the comparison sites e.g. uswitch for best deals on line rental. Where offered, line rental saver can save money. Opt for basic package on calls, usually free between 7pm and 7am plus weekends. More information on Money Saving Expert.

Edited by Jomie

The only way you can avoid line rental costs is to continue with mobile data or as has been said, Virgin if you have it in your area.

Check out the comparison sites e.g. uswitch for best deals on line rental. Where offered, line rental saver can save money. Opt for basic package on calls, usually free between 7pm and 7am plus weekends. More information on Money Saving Expert.

Thank you so much, much appreciated. The issue I have today is that the landline broke 2 days ago (loud crackling) and they had me test for 1 hour my telephone set and I knew all along it was the line. No way should this have taken 1 hr plus a 1 hr chat online when all that was needed was to send out an engineer. Today no call back from an engineer as promised and no landline...frustrated...DO NOT USE VODAFONE FOR LANDLINE EVER!!!!

Thank you so much, much appreciated. The issue I have today is that the landline broke 2 days ago (loud crackling) and they had me test for 1 hour my telephone set and I knew all along it was the line. No way should this have taken 1 hr plus a 1 hr chat online when all that was needed was to send out an engineer. Today no call back from an engineer as promised and no landline...frustrated...DO NOT USE VODAFONE FOR LANDLINE EVER!!!!

When it boils down your landline will more than likely be supplied by BT Openreach.....or whatever they're called these days..as it would be from any other broadband supplier except Virgin I think