O2 Academy Looks Scruffy

Im fortunate enough to have a fantastic view of the city centre from my balcony at Park Hill.

Directly in front of me is the O2 Academy (Roxy) Nightclub and i have to say it just looks run down and all the exterior lights are a mess.

Firstly the half of the bulbs in the actual sign arent working so it just says O2 A**D*MY

And most the exterior down lights either dont work or are pointing in the wrong direction or just uncoordinated.

The whole building just looks run down. You'd think that as its a Sheffield landmark that they'd take a bit more pride in the look of the venue.

Im sure O2 isnt short of cash and a few lightbulbs shouldnt cost that much.

You'd think they would get it sorted for the new students arriving.

Really annoys me when companies dont take care of their building. Debenhams on The Moor is another culprit.

Im fortunate enough to have a fantastic view of the city centre from my balcony at Park Hill.

Directly in front of me is the O2 Academy (Roxy) Nightclub and i have to say it just looks run down and all the exterior lights are a mess.

Firstly the half of the bulbs in the actual sign arent working so it just says O2 A**D*MY

And most the exterior down lights either dont work or are pointing in the wrong direction or just uncoordinated.

The whole building just looks run down. You'd think that as its a Sheffield landmark that they'd take a bit more pride in the look of the venue.

Really annoys me when companies dont take care of their building. Debenhams on The Moor is another culprit.

its always been a mess :hihi:

especially when it was Roxys and the car park etc, urine on the stairways and subways, graffiti etc etc

its always been a mess :hihi:

especially when it was Roxys and the car park etc, urine on the stairways and subways, graffiti etc etc

I know, but it had a great rock night on a Monday, years ago! :)

When it first opened they put these really nice uplighters on the exterior that illuminated it with L.E.D lights that were all colour coordinated.

Big bright O2 Academy sign It looked so nice.

Now it looks like its been closed down for 10 years but someone forget to turn off the lights

The general area needs tearing down and starting again.

Odean, O2 academy and car park, Mecca bingo, some of those disgusting office buildings on Pond hill, they lot of it is one big sprawling mess of 70's rubbish.

No wonder people don't want to invest in the city if thats one of the first sights they get stepping off the train.

Edited by geared

Debenhams did say they would re-furbish the exterior of there building once all the work around it was completed.

It would be nice if they could make it a bit more shiny too.

It would also be nice if they booked bands that weren't tribute acts or old Britpop acts....

the inside carpets stick to your feet,its a dump and needs cash spending on it,but as most people don't see this as its dark ,but needs a revamp.

If you think the outside is bad, you should see the inside, a disgrace, I will not be going again.

the inside carpets stick to your feet,its a dump and needs cash spending on it,but as most people don't see this as its dark ,but needs a revamp.

Nothing has changed since it's Roxy days...:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Debenhams did say they would re-furbish the exterior of there building once all the work around it was completed.

What’s Debenhams got to do with the o2?

I worked there for several years when it first opened as the carling academy then the o2 and it very quickly went down hill. It’s a shame because the potential is there but they don’t get enough acts to spend money on the building and it’s only sponsored by o2 it’s academy music company that owns it