Help: Mysterious concrete pads at Ulley reservoir

Recently went for a stroll around Ulley Country Park and noticed some small concrete pads on the top of the retaining embankment at the western side of the reservoir.

They are around 200mm in size with a round headed coach bolt set into them, painted white and spaced at about every 10 metres.

I know its not very important and my life won't be anymore fullfilled by finding out but its really been bugging me as to what they are for. I wondered if maybe they are some sort of reference points for water level or just indicators marking the locations of piles for the retainig structure.

Can anyone put me out my misery?

PS. I'm not usually this sad but its really niggling me now.

if they are what i think they are,they are to do with................ let u stew abit more lol

Originally posted by sheffieldcpl

if they are what i think they are,they are to do with................ let u stew abit more lol

Cheers..........should i have expected anything else?

Electricity Pylon?

Originally posted by desy

Electricity Pylon?

No, nothing overhead.

Originally posted by davyboy

how about survey points

Could be but there's about a dozen of them along a straight line of around 120 metres so not sure what the survey could be all about. Recently repainted by the look of things too.

Are they for tying boats to?

Originally posted by MrH

Are they for tying boats to?

Errr......no.

i might be wrong but if they are the ones im thinking of,like at dam flask my dad told me they are what they used in the war to have some kind of straps to stop the german bombings like we did to them, if theyre the same concrete platforms im thinking about.

They're only quite small.....more like markers rather than something for attaching to.

I don't know about these things but 200mm sounds pretty small. Could they be anglers' peg markers?