Car insurance renewals

Has car insurance gone up recently or something?

Im due for renewal and to say im surprised at the quotes is an understatement

The lowest quote is almost double last year and nothing has changed apart from ive earned an extra years NCD

Anyone else having this problem?

Mine was up significantly, until I shopped around and then phoned the original one.

I've seen reports about large increases in the press, so yes, I think it's generally up.

Depends, how much was last years?

Last year, £78

This years cheapest quote so far £143

Last year, £78

This years cheapest quote so far £143

I presume that is for a month's cover. It shouldn't have gone up by that much. Are you sure it's for the same cover as last year?

Edited by Jim Hardie

Mine was up significantly, until I shopped around and then phoned the original one.

I've seen reports about large increases in the press, so yes, I think it's generally up.

I always shop around too. Ive never renewed with the same company two years running as Ive always found renewing more than going with someone else.

This years shopping around caused me a surprise so Ill be shopping around some more then seeing what my current insurer offers by way of a renewal quote. Then Ill just have to see If they can reduce it.

I hate the fact they have us by the proverbial then just jack up the prices as and when they choose.

Ah well, that the price of car ownership I suppose.

That's very cheap. What are you insuring?

Unless they mean monthly.

That's very cheap. What are you insuring?

Saab 95 Aero.

---------- Post added 24-08-2017 at 14:26 ----------

Ooops, my bad. Yes I meant monthly :hihi:

Lol, yes just twigged and altered my post.

Are you sure it's for the same cover as last year?

This - is there a different tick box or cover option that you've selected this year that you didn't select last year? e.g. 3rd party vs. fully comp. Using car for work etc.

And check your endorsements are listed correctly (for that price I'm guessing you have them, or you're young).

And check your endorsements are listed correctly (for that price I'm guessing you have them, or you're young).

No endorsements and I wish I was young. Mid 40s but I only decided to learn to drive in 2010. I have 6 years NCD.

---------- Post added 24-08-2017 at 14:51 ----------

This - is there a different tick box or cover option that you've selected this year that you didn't select last year? e.g. 3rd party vs. fully comp. Using car for work etc.

This was my thought at first so I carefully checked everything but no, I entered all the right details for a similar level of cover. I say similar, the higher quotes are for slightly less i.e standard small courtesy car instead of large family saloon like I have on this years policy.

Im confused I have to say.