Farfield Inn, Neepsend Lane.

Can anyone help me to contact the owner of this place?

Thanks in anticipation!

Hi yes,

My father is the owner. How can I help you?

What's going to happen to this pub? Every time I drive past it I think what a nice big house it would make (apart from where it is of course), but since it was shut down and boarded up nothing seems to have happened to it. It doesn't even have the potential to become a Tesco Express.

Pity its closed...all those ladies of dubious distinction in the area could at least get refreshment if it was still open. :D

It was finally closed due to damage from the floods a few years ago. shame, had some good nights in there.

What's going to happen to this pub? Every time I drive past it I think what a nice big house it would make (apart from where it is of course), but since it was shut down and boarded up nothing seems to have happened to it. It doesn't even have the potential to become a Tesco Express.

It's kind of on the "real ale trail" but there's not really the business to support another stop on that. What exactly are the OPs plans that he has to contact the owner? Could it work as a peppercorn rent artists workshop or something?

Not so long ago it was a halfway house fore people who'd just been released from prison if I remember correctly.

It was finally closed due to damage from the floods a few years ago. shame, had some good nights in there.

Me too............ some great memories going back some years to when Ralf and his missus ran it ( think it was still called The Owl then) . Saturday night lock ins , staggering out about 4am .

Me too............ some great memories going back some years to when Ralf and his missus ran it ( think it was still called The Owl then) . Saturday night lock ins , staggering out about 4am .

And the Victoria just up the road. Waaaardz

Not so long ago it was a halfway house fore people who'd just been released from prison if I remember correctly.

It was also used by the council as a temporary B&B for homeless people.

From what I remember it was never repaired following the floods so will be in a dreadful state now.

The owner was originally going to invest a load of money in repairing and enhancing the pub and develop a beer garden too, but the council gave permission for a waste recycling site next door and all plans for investing in the pub were dropped.

It's kind of on the "real ale trail" but there's not really the business to support another stop on that. What exactly are the OPs plans that he has to contact the owner? Could it work as a peppercorn rent artists workshop or something?

We were discussing what will become of the Farfield Inn the other day and thought similar - studios or the like. I always feel a little sad for the Farfield when I pass, it looks so forlorn. A great building, but could anyone make a go of anything in that location?