Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

Was surprised to find there are no threads about him already. The new Lord Mayor looks and sounds like a breath of fresh air to me - what are your thoughts?

Was surprised to find there are no threads about him already. The new Lord Mayor looks and sounds like a breath of fresh air to me - what are your thoughts?

First mistake- opening gob about bicycles on trams before realising that that argument was lost decades ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made a mistake:

My apologies to the Lord Mayor of Sheffield councillor Magid Magid and forum readers, who has not proposed allowing bicycles on trams.

Sheffield City Region Mayor Dan Jarvis has proposed this.

Edited by Annie Bynnol
Mistake

Second mistake. Appearing on tv in combat jacket, baseball cap on backwards while wearing the Mayoral Chain that's supposed to represent Sheffield.

Looked more like a poor Ali G impersonator.

i think he's going to use the next 12 months to raise his own profile at the expense of Sheffield's. This time next year he'll be lining himself up for 'Love Island'.

Just a ceremonial role anyway so not that it actually matters who it is.

Looks like a real dude.

Who knew the green party had black members, let alone councillors? I always thought that they epitomised the white liberal elite.

Good luck to him.

thin end of the wedge?? are my thoughts for a once great city:roll:

Took 99 minutes for the first predictable reply. Well done.

thin end of the wedge?? are my thoughts for a once great city:roll:
Haha. Cheer up, old fellah :loopy:

Took 99 minutes for the first predictable reply. Well done.

well now tell me what a somalian refugee at 28 years of age got to offer and what credentials to hold office apart from the PC angle?? as for how he was dressed is disrespectful to the office.

well now tell me what a somalian refugee at 28 years of age got to offer and what credentials to hold office apart from the PC angle?? as for how he was dressed is disrespectful to the office.

Its a ceremonial role only. He goes around opening nurseries and garden centres. Same as any other "lord mayor of Sheffield" in your lifetime.

Stop worrying your head about it. If Sheffield has converted to Sharia law by October then please, come back and have a legitimate moan about it.

Tell us about any other mayor of Sheffield, their qualifications and great achievements then.