Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Subtle difference in thread title.Some clarification needed as to "new" film.Current cinema release,new to video,newly bought by me.Old film on TV,new to me.

Saw Some Like it Hot yesterday for the first time at cinema.That's new to me.

Thread retitled ... this is a continuation of the old rate the last film you saw thread.

secret life of walter mitty - not bad - went on a bit in the middle - obviously far fetched but a nice ending - 7/10

John Carter: 4/10. Annoyingly internally inconsistent and boring to boot.

The American: 7/10. Be warned, an action film this is not.

jb

Edited by barleycorn

12 years a slave - gritty and harrowing. Nearly walked out twice as it was so brutal to watch in places. I also felt very uncomfortable throughout - which i believe the director Steve McQueen wanted to achieve.

I don't think there was a dry eye in the cinema when it ended. Superb film but not one for the faint hearted and take tissues if you do go. I really hope it wins best picture at the oscars. 10/10 for brilliance

Jack Ryan. 7/10- enjoyable and didn't really drag too much, shame it had kiera knightly in but but still good enough even with her there

RIPD take it as meant is a laugh 6/10, Mortal Instruments okay 7/10

Keeper of lost causes. Considering its only 97 minutes then its a very efficient and capable adaption of the book. Nordic noir thriller 8.5/10. Theres a scene where a big explain of some of the motivations and that is really beautifully shot.

All is lost. Gripped me all the way through. 8.5/10 Would have been a 9 but for the ending.

Mud 6.5/10

Bit of a slow burner, but does keep the viewer interested.

The Chaser (Korean) 8.5/10

Another excellent Korean film- recommend to anyone who has interest in this genre.