Wadsley and Loxley Common

I've just heard that Sheffield City Council are going to put cattle on Wadsley Common. If anyone is against this, please visit the moonfruit site and on there you can put in stop the cows.

Thank You.

Can you post a link please

I can't believe that some people are getting into a 'beef' about it Some people need to mooooove along and find something else to complain about

What on earth are the council going to do that for?More information is needed

I can't believe that some people are getting into a 'beef' about it Some people need to mooooove along and find something else to complain about

I hope you're not going to milk this for all it's worth.

What on earth are the council going to do that for?More information is needed

Bracken clearance plus getting rid of invasive tree species.

Lowland heath is a nationally scarce habitat that desperately needs protecting. The species it supports and it's levels of biodiversity mean that it is an important area.

There were proposals to put cattle on the site over ten years ago but complaints by dogwalkers and some Wadsley and Loxley Commoners meant it never happened.

Apparently they'd be happy if the common just became bracken and birch rather than heathland, as long as they can let their dogs run about free from fencing.

Cattle were introduced onto Wharncliffe Heath in order to manage the habitat there. I've no idea whether it was successful or not.

:confused:

I hope you're not going to milk this for all it's worth.

Its a moot point whether or not this is worth contesting,and its someone else's breed and butter at steak.Personally a ban would leave me feeling cheesed off.

I've just heard that Sheffield City Council are going to put cattle on Wadsley Common. If anyone is against this, please visit the moonfruit site and on there you can put in stop the cows.

Thank You.

Why do you want to oppose this? The cows are part of a plan to preserve the site as lowland heath - a very valuable habitat.

Any comment on the Wadsley and Loxley Commoners site?

No.

uyffhsdghjskdghsdfjgkulhdfkhgdfhk