My dogs wee smells abnormal!!

Sorry that its not the most pleasant subject in the world but i was wondering if u could give me some advice before i rush him off to the vets like an overprotective mother lol

My 2 year old yorkie did a pee in the bedroom last night and it was that strong it woke me up, i thought he had pooed it was that bad, it smelt like smokey bacon crisps lol (sorry thats the best way to describe it)

Is this normal? The only thing i can think of is i gave him some strong cheddar cheese during the day and it could be that...but it may just be me being over paranoid but he just didnt seem himself last night...and he didnt bark when i left this morning which he always does...

Any advice please?

Thanks

I gave my dog a cocktail sausage and a cheesey puff last night and you wouldn't believe the smell he created an hour later!

He's not used to it, so it was understandable that the change in diet affected his inner workings. Cheese, if your yorkie isn't used to it, could quite easily have a similar effect.

It's a bit like us humans going out for a strong curry.

As for not barking, he may not have been in the mood if he's got a dodgy tum or wind! Or maybe he just didn't feel like barking. It could be a multitude of reasons.

Just to add to the above. Stick to his normal diet without unusual snacks and see if his wee returns to normal.

Is your dog normally house trained?

Don't have him in the bedroom then only the goldfish will smell it:hihi:

Yes he is, but it was my fault to be honest...i went to let him out for a wee before bed but he didnt want to move off the settee (which again isnt normal) and it was so cold i didnt force him coz i felt bad so i left him...but luckily my floors are laminate so i could easily mop it up ;)

I thought it could have been that, ill see what hes like the next few days

Thanks for the advice :)