Response policing for South Sheffield no longer from Moss Way!!

Found out today that the response policing facility that was based at Moss Way has all been moved down to Attercliffe as from today... 12/9/17.

So if you live in the very southern side of the city, you wont be seeing any patrol cars round Mosborough, Frechville etc etc.

The building at Moss Way has slowly been emptied of operational cops, and I fear with this latest "rationalisation" or whatever the police spin people will call it, it won't be long before we see the entire building closed/mothballed, and then sold to make way for another cheapo supermarket!

SYP really do seem to have pulled this stroke across the city, Deepcar is covered by officers based in the City Centre would you believe!

Sheffield has lost Hammerton Road, as a response station, now Moss Way, it wont be long before Woodseats goes the same way I imagine, and the biggest thing is..once you close them down, sell the land, there's no way they are EVER going to open another one is there!!

But crime is falling according to government figures so why do we need so many police stations and police cars?

Old site of the Joseph Glover at Halfway would be an ideal location.

There also used to be a police building on Chesterfield rd which has been taken over by the car dealership next door.

Maybe they need to sell buildings to raise revenue to pay Cliff Richard, and others? Will they have to pay compensation for Hillsborough and Rotherham victims eventually, or, will reparations come from central government funding?

Edited by Lex Luthor

But crime is falling according to government figures so why do we need so many police stations and police cars?

No it isn't-the abaolute opposite. Not aure you've been keeping up with the news. This was largely discussed when the figures were released a month ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40665733

There also used to be a police building on Chesterfield rd which has been taken over by the car dealership next door.

Maybe they need to sell buildings to raise revenue to pay Cliff Richard, and others? Will they have to pay compensation for Hillsborough and Rotherham victims eventually, or, will reparations come from central government funding?

Had to make a witness statement at woodseats back in January. There were only two police in the station. As i was shown to the interview room i past a large room full to the ceiling with riot gear. There must have been several hundred jackets, helmets, sheilds ect. There were alot.

It made me think... ...if they are cutting back on responce sevices for the public, incidents may escalate by the time the police arrive, but if they do, at least they will have enough gear to beat all and sort it out later. Lol

---------- Post added 14-09-2017 at 11:52 ----------

Me again. Just one more thing... ...my council tax has risen each year and in a breakdown the contribution to the police commissioner has risen. Why then has this increase not been passed on to the bobbies? They've had no pay rise for years (so its been reported) whats happened to the extra we've been paying. Were is the revenue we pay to the council for the police commitioner from over 220,000 homes gone?

Does anyone know?

---------- Post added 14-09-2017 at 11:53 ----------

Had to make a witness statement at woodseats back in January. There were only two police in the station. As i was shown to the interview room i past a large room full to the ceiling with riot gear. There must have been several hundred jackets, helmets, sheilds ect. There were alot.

It made me think... ...if they are cutting back on responce sevices for the public, incidents may escalate by the time the police arrive, but if they do, at least they will have enough gear to beat all and sort it out later. Lol

The police commisioner role is a disgrace.

Since their completely needless and pointless introduction crime has risen at an incredible level. Axe them, and use the significant money that would generate on the actual police force. I can't see one reason whatsoever for the role of police commisoner to exist.

Old site of the Joseph Glover at Halfway would be an ideal location.

The Mill! It will always be The Mill. :)

Since their completely needless and pointless introduction crime has risen at an incredible level. Axe them, and use the significant money that would generate on the actual police force. I can't see one reason whatsoever for the role of police commisoner to exist.

I agree with your comment paula.

At the moment the police are only given bonuses in relation to revenue collection ie fines, FPN and privet hire like football events which is for the intertidal officer, however these bonuses are more often than not a pooled team effort. Hindered by presure from other offices in the pool to generate revenue, leaves little time to perform the duties they sware too. Performance in crime is rewarded by advancement. But who has time for that when the presure is on?

Moss way was only fairly recently built at a cost of millions and hailed for how good it was, I think it's more of a prisoner holding point now or at least it has been lately.

The law and order problems at the other side of the city are draining resources and leaving the South side wide open.

No it isn't-the abaolute opposite. Not aure you've been keeping up with the news. This was largely discussed when the figures were released a month ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40665733

Woooosh!...............

---------- Post added 14-09-2017 at 13:46 ----------

I agree. I contacted the PC last year to ask why there was only 2 and sometimes only one patrol vehicle between 0300hrs and 0700hrs Saturday and Sunday morning.

I received a reply which only came after he had consulted with SYP officers.

I also asked him what was being done in regards the issue of off road bikers and he told me to speak to the local SNT inspector.

Waste of taxpayers money.