View Full Version : What Jobs CAN a 15 Year old do :/

Abbs
26-01-2011, 11:40
Im after some sort of Saturday Job, But the question Ive been asking, is What Can I do?

Ive so Far, done alot of flyering In sheffield centre, I HATED This and I rather be doing somthing More productive then standing pestering people in the city centre on a Busy saturday afternoon.

Over Christmas I worked in a small shop, I enjoyed this (:

Question is...What Can I do Now :/

Ideas Much appreciated :)

TJC1
26-01-2011, 11:43
Get a paper round or help out on a milk round. Thats what I did when I was your age. :)

Abbs
26-01-2011, 11:44
Tried that, They've all been taken ):

TJC1
26-01-2011, 11:59
Kitchen porter, bussboy, dishwasher, cinema worker, retail or supermarkets, babysitting, if your good with computers / internet marketing theres money to be made there pkus noone knows your age.

Abbs
26-01-2011, 12:01
If your working for a resteraunt and whatnot you Tend to have to eb over 16 unless you know the owner, Porter, Im guessing is like waitressing, also you have to show them some ID (:
internet marketing, No idea what to sell, however ebay is a good bet.

dave_dave
26-01-2011, 12:01
It depends, do you have your national insurance number yet or are you only just 15?
Obviously you can't do most of the jobs TJC1 has posted without it.

Abbs
26-01-2011, 12:04
No, I Only turned 15 On the 17th, Yeah I cant do much At the moment - Cant wait for that Darn insurance Card.
Its that, Im sick of sponging Off my family, We really dont have alot of Cash right now, so If I want any, I want to earn it myself and I can go spend it on whatever I choose/ put it away for special occasions,ect,ect.

dave_dave
26-01-2011, 12:07
No, I Only turned 15 On the 17th, Yeah I cant do much At the moment - Cant wait for that Darn insurance Card.
Its that, Im sick of sponging Off my family, We really dont have alot of Cash right now, so If I want any, I want to earn it myself and I can go spend it on whatever I choose/ put it away for special occasions,ect,ect.

What do you enjoy doing? Do you have any specific skills? Any hobbies?

AUTOBOY58
26-01-2011, 12:24
"bob a job" with what you can do for people. Make some leaflets and post them locally to you.

Abbs
26-01-2011, 12:27
Skills wise, I can cook,garden and I used to go to girls brigade and did a Little bit of waitressing on Their Cafe-mornings.
I can Look after pets and dogs and whatnot + I am good with little kids (:
..Im beginning to sound Like a house wife ;/

AUTOBOY58
26-01-2011, 12:35
theres your target. basic house chores for the eldery or peeps who dont have time

Abbs
26-01-2011, 13:03
Ideal..Meh, If not theyres always a Nursing home 5 minutes away...

sedith
26-01-2011, 13:05
Become the new editor of the Star

go4it
26-01-2011, 23:05
Ive so Far, done alot of flyering In sheffield centre, I HATED This and I rather be doing somthing More productive then standing pestering people in the city centre on a Busy saturday afternoon.

Over Christmas I worked in a small shop, I enjoyed this (:

What you have just demonstrated is why so many people are unemployed.

You do a job for money. It is a bonus if you like your job.

Some jobs are horrible. My first job saw me mopping toilets and climbing in skips with rubbish. But it gave me experience to apply for my next job which I enjoyed a lot more.

Not a lot you can do at 15. Take what you can.

stevenyoung
27-01-2011, 06:10
15 and 16 year olds may work for up to 8 hours on Saturdays and up to a maximum of 35 hours during school holidays.

The kind of jobs teenagers can do

Delivering newspapers

Many teenagers will get up early to deliver newspapers to houses in their local area before going to school. They are known as Paperboys or Papergirls.

Babysitting

Looking after young chidren in their home whilst their parents have gone out for the evening is a popular job for teenagers, as they get paid for watching children and television all at the same time!

Helping the Milkman on his round

From the age of 14 some teenagers help the milkman deliver milk to houses.

Other popular jobs include:

* Agricultural or horticultural work.
* Working in a shop.
* Working in a hairdressers.
* Office work.
* Washing cars (not in a garage).
* In a café or restaurant.
* Working in a riding stables.
* Domestic work in hotels.

sophiap
31-01-2011, 13:01
if u like to work in a shop why dont you do that????

discodown
31-01-2011, 13:18
I applaud your attitude for wanting to work. You put a lot of teenagers to shame

Afilsdesigne
31-01-2011, 14:19
Hi Abbs, good to see your attitude so here are a few ideas. Finding a job for anyone these days is tough so you need to get organised. First you need an honest list of what you are good at and then a list of what you would find interesting. Compare both lists, ring the top three or four on each and this should start pointing you in a direction. Put those words into Google and start getting ideas. Think about it for a day or two, then start networking. You are most likely to get a job from those you know best, family, friends, relatives of friends. Be persistant, professional, friendly and don't give up. Finally, think about your market (your potential customers). People are generally short of time these days so what can you do to help them (for example dog walking)? Older people find even simple chores difficult or even impossible, how can you help?