A4E and Emma Harrison- MEGATHREAD

:rant::rant::rant:

I have recently been sent on a ridiculous 2 week "Training" course with A4e. I dont think the way that this has been categorised as a training course when you are not being trained is beyond me. Is this soemthing to do with the fact they had to make the Jobcentre think that they were actually making a difference by "Training" the unemployed. What a crock of >removed<.

First of all I had to endure the ridicule of going into that dreadful building, secondly be talked down to by the overpaid, under qualified staff. I was then bundled into a small room to meet my tutor. lol, what a joke.

If I wanted to be talked down to for a full 2 weeks, I would have gone and spent some time with my Grandfather. Instead I was told that no matter what I had already tried, I was doing it wrong, I didn't know anything about the correct ways in which to seek for a job and that if I wanted any chances at all in gaining "full time sustainable employment" I had to pay attention to the ways in which I was TOLD to conduct my job search. I then had my CV taken away, which may I add was an excellent CV, for it to be re-written and chopped in half, with a load of lies and rubbish added in there too apparantly make me more desirable to an employer. HA.

I feel that my skills base enables me to work excellently as a team player, I feel I have excellent communication skills, my confidence levels were at an all time high and I definitely did not require any motivational training. Still I had to sit for a mind numbing 2 weeks and be patronised and ridiculed. How does something like this even constitute "Help and Assistance" with job search, when all the staff down there are nothing more than monkeys dressed in shirts and ties.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I think its about time the Government decided to throw proper money into helping people find work rather than lining the pockets of these corporate giants who frankly couldn't give a >removed< as to whether we find work or not. They still receive their hefty salaries at the end of each month.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
removed masked swearing

My friend works there and hes nothing like that just because a few people have big heads doesn't mean your can tar the rest of them with the same brush, :loopy: where do you work? I bet alot of people have had problems there, just like any other place.

Edited by tom19890305

I have recently been sent on a ridiculous 2 week "Training" course with A4e. I dont think the way that this has been categorised as a training course when you are not being trained is beyond me. Is this soemthing to do with the fact they had to make the Jobcentre think that they were actually making a difference by "Training" the unemployed. What a crock of s**t.

First of all I had to endure the ridicule of going into that dreadful building, secondly be talked down to by the overpaid, under qualified staff. I was then bundled into a small room to meet my tutor. lol, what a joke.

If I wanted to be talked down to for a full 2 weeks, I would have gone and spent some time with my Grandfather. Instead I was told that no matter what I had already tried, I was doing it wrong, I didn't know anything about the correct ways in which to seek for a job and that if I wanted any chances at all in gaining "full time sustainable employment" I had to pay attention to the ways in which I was TOLD to conduct my job search. I then had my CV taken away, which may I add was an excellent CV, for it to be re-written and chopped in half, with a load of lies and rubbish added in there too apparantly make me more desirable to an employer. HA.

I feel that my skills base enables me to work excellently as a team player, I feel I have excellent communication skills, my confidence levels were at an all time high and I definitely did not require any motivational training. Still I had to sit for a mind numbing 2 weeks and be patronised and ridiculed. How does something like this even constitute "Help and Assistance" with job search, when all the staff down there are nothing more than monkeys dressed in shirts and ties.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I think its about time the Government decided to throw proper money into helping people find work rather than lining the pockets of these corporate giants who frankly couldn't give a S**t as to whether we find work or not. They still receive their hefty salaries at the end of each month.

If you have a great CV and don't need any help in looking for work, why are you still unemployed?

A4e may not be perfect but clearly if someone has been out of work for over 6 months they either need some assistance in looking for work or to reassess their own job-hunting skills.

Wel I aint tarnishing everyone with the same brush, but the biggest majority of the "Trainers" are like that. I have managed to find a job yes thank you very much. And I also managed to do that one without the help and assistance of anyone up there. Although because of the tracking period involved in the whole unemployment training environment, they are more than likely going to turn MY job outcome into one they have assisted with. Load of old B*****Ks if you ask me.

I would rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty needle a cat p****d all over rather than ever step foot into one of their buildings again.

If you have a great CV and don't need any help in looking for work, why are you still unemployed?

A4e may not be perfect but clearly if someone has been out of work for over 6 months they either need some assistance in looking for work or to reassess their own job-hunting skills.

booyah exactly! :] may I just say....

Im not saying that it doesn't work for everyone, although what I am saying is that maybe everyone should be screened by the jobcentre first before they get sent there because it is absolutely ridiculous. I think it should be for those who need the assistance.

And no I am not still unemployed, although the job I have got now was one that I applied for well before I attended that hell hole

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. Yup exactly. thats aboutt he level of the conversation I had with people while I was there. for a full 2 weeks. BooYah indeed

lol another happy customer

sadly, the 2 week gateway course is the better of the 2, i assume you were taught by a shortish man with glasses? (won't say his name) he's A4e's only grade 5 tutor, and he's pretty good at being one to, but his ideas are radical

its the 13 week course after thats a complete crap hole (its been a while since i've been to a4e, but still carry the scars, i believe things have changed), you join in rooms that get new people each week, so you usally end up doing things you've done before all the time, you have to find a 'placement', where you work either 24 hours (under 25) or 26 hours (over 25) a week, with the remaining hours at the course centre, where you work as a hard as a normal job, but get much less for it

whats even more screwed up is the hours on the 13 week course, if your on placement, you do more hours then the people who stay in the centre as you have to 'show breaks in your time', whereas centre people get it included in their course time

Im not saying that it doesn't work for everyone, although what I am saying is that maybe everyone should be screened by the jobcentre first before they get sent there because it is absolutely ridiculous. I think it should be for those who need the assistance.

And no I am not still unemployed, although the job I have got now was one that I applied for well before I attended that hell hole

You think thats bad? You should try the one I went to they pressured you into work where you didn't want to be paid you £80 a week for 39 hours some times more then 39 and I had to endure being sat in a room full of chavs, and when I wanted to leave the job they got upset about it and she became extremely angry and raised her voice to shout at me, I thought she was going to start foaming at the mouth,

lol another happy customer

sadly, the 2 week gateway course is the better of the 2, i assume you were taught by a shortish man with glasses? (won't say his name) he's A4e's only grade 5 tutor, and he's pretty good at being one to, but his ideas are radical

I know who you are talking about, and no it wasn't this one sadly, mind you, I still think that my opinions on the entire place certainly wouldn't be changed even if it was.

I agree with you on one thing there Nekuth. I 100% positive that I too will be burdened with the ever so grossly unpopular scars of A4e

I've never read a story when A4E has actually made any difference to the unemployed.

The government should stop funding these useless schemes and start funding proper training courses that will actually be of use to people.

You think thats bad? You should try the one I went to they pressured you into work where you didn't want to be paid you £80 a week for 39 hours some times more then 39 and I had to endure being sat in a room full of chavs, and when I wanted to leave the job they got upset about it and she became extremely angry and raised her voice to shout at me, I thought she was going to start foaming at the mouth,

lol, I know what you mean, i have heard all the horror stories and I completely understand that the jobcentre needs to be seen to be doing something to get people into work and earning more than what is earned on benefits. lets be frank, anyone in their right mind would want to be earning more than the £90 a fortnight on JSA. but surely that can be achieved by giving people the right levels of assistance and also by making sure that people are not patronised and made to feel like they are lesser human beings than they may already feel having to go to a place like that??????????