Has Sheffield Improved Over The Last 30 Years?

The city centre looks better, in my view. But, the traffic and amount of chavs/tories has ruined it for me. I miss the old Pond Street as well.

Opines?

Errant apostostrophe in 'Year's'. No reason to put one there at all.

I think the city looks a lot better than it did thirty years ago. What was so great about Pond Street?

Edited by Halibut

Errant apostostrohe in 'Year's'. No reason to put one there at all.

I think the city looks a lot better than it did thirty years ago. What was so great about Pond Street?

Richard Branson never complained.

Pond Street had a certain smell and feel. A charm I would say. Lost forever.

The city centre looks better, in my view. But, the traffic and amount of chavs/tories has ruined it for me. I miss the old Pond Street as well.

Opines?

all the modern crap looks....... errr well just crap, big steel globes with water running over em eh ?, coffee yes coffee shops everywhere, the hole in the roads gone, pond st with the levels and shop were pure mintness, peace gardens were sound, even the odd looking egg box was better than the latest steel and fascia debacle that is the new council offices then theres 'that' (cough) car park, nah sheffs a joke these days :help:

Richard Branson never complained.

Pond Street had a certain smell and feel. A charm I would say. Lost forever.

Diesel fumes, stale urine and tab ends as I recall. With the odd sneaky whiff of puke.

all the modern crap looks....... errr well just crap, big steel globes with water running over em eh ?, coffee yes coffee shops everywhere, the hole in the roads gone, pond st with the levels and shop were pure mintness, peace gardens were sound, even the odd looking egg box was better than the latest steel and fascia debacle that is the new council offices then theres 'that' (cough) car park, nah sheffs a joke these days :help:

How old are you? Sixty plus, I'll be bound.

Diesel fumes, stale urine and tab ends as I recall. With the odd sneaky whiff of puke.

I agree, the Sheffield of its time.

Spot on fellow owl. The egg box just needed a good clean, and placed Sheffield on the map. As a kid, I really believed that bees inhabited it, what we got now?

it is crap and thats a mild discription of a dose hole sheffield has become

I miss the top splash at sheaf valley baths, then going for a wimpey, then going to hole in the road to look at the fish then getting the no 75 home for 2p :|

I miss the top splash at sheaf valley baths, then going for a wimpey, then going to hole in the road to look at the fish then getting the no 75 home for 2p :|

Amazing! Yes dear sir, and if the bus driver was a nice guy the 2p was forfeited. I never did the top splash. Watched many daring souls. I wish I did now. Sneaking into the 'showboat' arcade and a fantastic bag of chips next door . . . oh . . . . tears in eyes time :(