Taxi drivers who cant have passed test

why is the council given taxi badges to people who do not know where they are going to do not know where points of interests are who do you blame the council for being greedy or taxi firms for being greedy.

I'm not saying this is the case for the majority of Taxi drivers but I have to agree with you that some are really bad drivers. They just stop in the middle of the road to pick up people. My favourite is the ones that suddenly do a U turn in front of you without warning! I've nearly broadsided a few of them.

I have a theory that maybe for some Taxis there is one licence but several drivers if you get my drift.

Perhaps more enforcement of the taxi rules and regs are needed. After all when did you last see someone doing taxi licence checks?

I'm not saying this is the case for the majority of Taxi drivers but I have to agree with you that some are really bad drivers. They just stop in the middle of the road to pick up people. My favourite is the ones that suddenly do a U turn in front of you without warning! I've nearly broadsided a few of them.

I have a theory that maybe for some Taxis there is one licence but several drivers if you get my drift.

Perhaps more enforcement of the taxi rules and regs are needed. After all when did you last see someone doing taxi licence checks?

Last Saturday 12pm attercliffe, they(council) were driving around in a police T5 stopping and checking licences and vehicles.

Why do forums give access to people who can barely string a sentence together? ;)

one guy picked up at a local hotel and was asked to go to the dog track any way he got lost did not find it and took them back to hotel and still had cheek to charge them

Half don't talk english anyway so who cares how or where they drive!

most taxi drivers are ok if you guide them, but the ones that really annoy me are the ones near shoreham street who go in the far right lane as its the least busy then cut across lane on the roundabout , as obviously they are v.i.p's, and its not just a few that do this, its the majority i see that do this.

Thats not a theory, thats a fact....

Almost certainly mate, and you can usualy tell within 5 minutes of the fair!

why is the council given taxi badges to people who do not know where they are going to do not know where points of interests are who do you blame the council for being greedy or taxi firms for being greedy.

Roughly get what you're saying but maybe if you speak how you write the driver couldn't understand you.

Do you know how many checks there are in the industry? or was it an idle passing comment?

Don't get me wrong I'm in favour of all the idiots getting the boot because it annoys me but to state a broad sweeping statement like that it just ignorant.

Taxi licensing are out most weekends in co ordination with the police, VOSA, DWP and if that's not enough two mot's (sheffield) per year on top of plate and badge costs.

I thought they had to be tested in what was the 'knowledge' . If so why do so many use sat navs?

Have to say i must be one of the lucky ones as the taxi drivers i have had drive me have generally been good.