Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Borneholm Dog Rescue and Rehabilitation is here :)

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Interest Groups > Sheffield Pet Owners

Reply To Topic

16-11-2011, 09:21   #1
Dalrimple

Total Posts: 534
Hi all,

I started a thread a few months ago which was asking advice on an idea me and my mother in law had. We was wanting to help dogs that had come to rescue for what ever reason and that had suffered extreme abuse, mental or physical issues and look at working with them in our own home so we can get them the second chance they deserved at being placed with a new home. We was wanting to work with a rescue centre who could then rehome them for us.

However after much time, conversations and meetings later we realised that the only way we would be able to help the dogs in the way we want is to set up our own charity. This would mean that the dogs that came to us would then become our responsibility to rehome.

SOOOOOOOO......

Here we are!!! Borneholm dog rescue and rehabilitation has been running approximatly 4 weeks now and we have already successfully rehomed 7 dogs that have come to us in extreme conditions. We are proud to be doing the work we are. Our house has never been so full of life!!!

We will often post our dogs for rehoming on here. We are also in the process of setting up a website, But due to this being costly, we are having to wait for some more donations to come in. We have also been offered support through Oldcotes Saddlery, who has a charity raffle running for us, and have a board in their shop where you can come and see our success stories, see what pooches we have currently in our care, and discuss what it is you may like to rehome.

We thrive on your support, so please bear us in mind when looking for your next companion.

All our dogs are given a complete profile, which will be looked at in depth to ensure we get them the forever home they deserve.

Any questions please contact me and i will be happy to help.

Sarah - Rehoming co-ordinator @ BDRR xxx
16-11-2011, 15:43   #2
BuBu

Total Posts: 86
Can I be the first peson to come on and say "WELL DONE and GOOD LUCK".
_______
Happy Pets - Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Services
Because when they're happy - YOU'RE HAPPY!
www.happy-pets.org.uk
16-11-2011, 15:49   #3
medusa
mostly here

Admin Team
Total Posts: 34,037
I'd love to welcome you too, but before I do that I'll have to get my head around a dog rescue named after a disease
_______
Insecurities are about as useful as putting the pin back in the grenade.

16-11-2011, 15:59   #4
Krush

Total Posts: 548
WOW and congratulations!
well done for doing what im sure plenty of people would love to do!

maybe joining the list of rescues on http://www.ineedahome.co.uk could be a start to getting the dogs out there on the web? Or even http://www.dogsblog.com

Im sure there are plenty of free host sites out there too, that way any cash you have can be spent on the babies you are helping???
_______
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” ~ Charles Darwin
16-11-2011, 15:59   #5
jan2665

Total Posts: 1,321
Welcome to the forum an hope you do well.
17-11-2011, 15:10   #6
Dalrimple

Thankyou all. We are really grateful for your support. Hopefully we can join the other rescue centres and also do an amazing job at getting thes pooches a new home xxx
17-11-2011, 15:35   #7
AuntieBiz

Total Posts: 382
Hi there, all the very best with your new venture. xx
17-11-2011, 15:40   #8
Lindseyw
Angel

Total Posts: 4,978
Send a message via AIM to Lindseyw Send a message via Yahoo to Lindseyw
Welcome Welcome Welcome !!

Good Luck !!!
_______
Heaven won't have me and Hell is scared I'll take over!!
17-11-2011, 22:51   #9
Rainrescue

Total Posts: 6,459
Welcome on board and to the life of rescue. I'm sure many pets will be pleased that you have offered to help them in their hour of need. Good luck and always ask if you need help - you never know just who on here can help - unless you do.
_______
www.rainrescue.co.uk
Follow us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/RainRescue
18-11-2011, 10:43   #10
Dalrimple

Thanks. We have a good network of support (many from here already) But are always happy to ask if we need any more information. We are really pleased with the feedback we have been given so far, Only trhis am have i had a call to say they have been given our number by someone who has had a successful rehome from us. Its soo pleasing to know we are making a difference, in just a small period of time. I guess that means i should carry on with the website! xxx
18-11-2011, 11:34   #11
Gluggy

Total Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalrimple View Post
Thanks. We have a good network of support (many from here already) But are always happy to ask if we need any more information. We are really pleased with the feedback we have been given so far, Only trhis am have i had a call to say they have been given our number by someone who has had a successful rehome from us. Its soo pleasing to know we are making a difference, in just a small period of time. I guess that means i should carry on with the website! xxx
Hi,

Congratulations on getting up and running, must be a great feeling to be helping the cause in such an active manner

Krush has mentioned www.ineedahome.co.uk as a way of getting your dogs on line, I'm the admin there and would be delighted to see your animals included - the site is run as a volunteer project by my wife and I so there is no charge, we just want to help. If this is of interest to you please get in touch via PM or using the website.

All the best
Gluggy
_______
I Need a Home - Raising awareness for dogs in local pounds and rescues
18-11-2011, 12:19   #12
Benisop

Total Posts: 1
Hi, Please could you post a contact address or phone number for yourselves as I am unable to find one, sorry I am new to all this, if there is one there somewhere just point me in the right direction!
Many thanks : )
18-11-2011, 12:54   #13
Dalrimple

How stupid of me!! Our contact details are - 116 Church Lane, Dinnington, Sheffiled, S25 2QY. And my number is 07715208575. Please note its by appointment, as this is our own home and we want to make sure someone is in if you wish to view any of our pooches thanks sooooo much 46 your brilliant x
_______
Borneholm Dog Rescue and Rehabilitation - Paws, for a Second Though. Give a Second Chance.
www.facebook.com/bdrrdogs
18-11-2011, 13:00   #14
*Peaches*

Total Posts: 12,476
Good luck with your new venture
_______
Its better to be thought a fool, than open your mouth and prove it beyond all doubt
19-11-2011, 10:40   #15
Snagglepuss

Total Posts: 2,040
Well done, good luck and lots of success in your new venture of finding those poor doggies new and loving homes.
30-11-2011, 11:31   #16
Dalrimple

Hi All, Just to update, so far we have rehomed 9 dogs we are sooooo proud of the support and work that we have done so far and the feedback has been amazing. Thankyou all for your continued support xxxx
_______
Borneholm Dog Rescue and Rehabilitation - Paws, for a Second Though. Give a Second Chance.
30-11-2011, 11:53   #17
KATIEB_23

Total Posts: 3,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalrimple View Post
Hi All, Just to update, so far we have rehomed 9 dogs we are sooooo proud of the support and work that we have done so far and the feedback has been amazing. Thankyou all for your continued support xxxx
Wow, that's amazing! Well done you
30-11-2011, 12:53   #18
Dalrimple

Thanks

Please see my post below about our staffy called 'Bounce' she is in need of some TLC and can offer a loving family a great friendship. She just needs someone to understand her. If anyone can help please PM me xxxx
_______
30-11-2011, 13:06   #19
Labadore

Total Posts: 97
A very warm welcome from Labrador Welfare. Wishing you many successful rehomings
30-11-2011, 13:25   #20
Dalrimple

TY labwelfare xxxx
_______
Reply To Topic