Customer "service" rant !! or is it

Obviously i can't name and shame. But i seriously wonder how some companies remain in business.

To save travel time i telephoned a national electronics retailer to pre -order a Sony tv and dvd. I was going to collect and pay for it tomorrow.

Sheffield branch - "We don't have any and won't get any until this time next week"

What if i ring another branch.

"We can't transfer it you'll have to fetch it"

So i ring Nottingham - to be told "we have no stock but i can get you one for Monday."

Okay i said ,what if i come tomorrow and pay when can i have one.

"Monday - in fact i'll order it now turn up @ 10 Monday and pay for it all"

I think i may be making a 30 mile trip more frequently or at least anticipating purchases and working in the area when i need stuff.

I have to admit this isn't the first time Sheffield have had no stock of items - but more importantly have not offered a solution or prospective option.

I bet I know who this company is, Currys/PC World? Absolutely useless with stock control, to the point of the floor staff can't answer any question you have without referring to their manager and if you return anything prepare to be fobbed off. I'd pay the premium not to deal with them?

In actual it's none of the above.

Its more "local" national company if that makes sense. 1 store in selected cities across the UK,3 in Manchester,London that type of thing.

Very popular in the student district in Sheffield.

Didn't they say they would have some stock this time next week in Sheffield?

Didn't they say they would have some stock this time next week in Sheffield?

They did - but they didn't give me the option to order one,just wait to see if they arrive on next Thursdays delivery.

In actual it's none of the above.

Its more "local" national company if that makes sense. 1 store in selected cities across the UK,3 in Manchester,London that type of thing.

Very popular in the student district in Sheffield.

You mean Richer Sounds...... email the MD, he'll not be happy

CONTACT OUR FOUNDER PERSONALLY

Julian Richer,

Richer Sounds PLC,

Freepost SE5508,

London SE1 4BR

Edited by heavenlyarts

You mean Richer Sounds...... email the MD, he'll not be happy

CONTACT OUR FOUNDER PERSONALLY

Julian Richer,

Richer Sounds PLC,

Freepost SE5508,

London SE1 4BR

Richer Sounds can sometimes be found out when it comes to stock levels. Apart from their limited range of brands, the service and price is second to none.

That's just the 'culture' in Sheffield though. You're supposed to tug your forelock at anybody who is 'giving' you something... whilst they sneer at the paltry amount of cash you're handing over in exchange

Many retailers with a fantastic customer service reputation elsewhere in the country seem to have a black hole where their customer service ethos is supposed to fit in the Sheffield branch! I've made head office complaints about both M&S and John Lewis since moving here