Feral children in Swallownest!!

I am absolutely fed up of the large groups of what can only be described as "feral children" that hang about in Swallownest...!!!! The behaviour and language is disgusting. I work in a shop in the village and we get constantly "terrorized" by these little retards. Last night they left us alone because they were busy smashing up a bus across the road with a breeze block, I only hope the bus was empty as the occupants would have no doubt been petrified! They are just vile vile vile, do the parents know they carry on like this?? Do they care?? Sometimes there can be upto 30 of them in congregation outside the shop doors wich is very intimidating. We constantly call the police and they do "eventually" come out, but the ferrells are equally as disrespectful to them as they know nothing can be done to them. I work for minimum wage to pay the bills of an evening, little "village idiots" are not something i enjoy having to face. Some of the women I work with are a similar age to my mum and when they are spoken to like a piece of dirt I just see red...I wouldnt let anyone talk to my mum like that... They need discipline of an extreme nature otherwise this is going to get worse. Something terrible will happen i just know it....

Edited by karenk

Must be rough having to deal with the likes of those scum.

I dont envy you but the only thing i can suggest is keep reporting them, make a log and video if you can. Present it all to the council and police and theyll have to do something.

its up to the management really they have all the cctv and report details but they dont seem to care, we've asked for security and/or additional staff on numerous occasions..... its a rubbish state of affairs. i mean some of these kids can only be 8/9yrs old and you end up being afraid of them!

I think I need to bookmark this thread

The number of times Swallownest is held up as some idyllic little spot whilst Woodhouse is sneered at on the property threads :rolleyes:

I'd be finding out how a dispersal order can be put in place if I were you

as a whole i enjoy living there but this situation is a particularly unpleasant one. i'll look into the dispersal order, i am presuming its a court obtained injunction of sorts... thing is, stacking lard part-time is my second job, a dispersal order for the rugrats of swallownest is not something i should (or have got time) to get involved in. the "management" who conveniently dont work evenings so dont have to put up with this should be the ones sorting it. however, i will google it and present them with the info (they will love me!!!) ha ha

my wife will not go to the shops at night because of these kids also seem to hang about around the cash point

Just go out and have a word with them when they're outside the shop they may be retards as you put it but i doubt they're going to viciously attack you maybe abit throw abit of foul language your way but that's not going to kill you, kids need more things to do that's why they congregate in packs of 30 and smash **** up, like when i was young all my friends dads were in to motorcross so they bought their sons bikes, trailers and took them somewhere proper to ride where as mine wasn't so i had to buy my own bike and ride it illegally although i never got caught, i wasn't doing it to make noise and **** people off i was riding my bike because that's what i enjoyed doing but obviously other people used to think i was the scum of the earth and ring the police on me.

You should talk to the council too - they may have a youth offending team that need to take a look into what's going on. You also ought to talk to your local safer neighbourhood policing team and perhaps call a public meeting - there are bound to be other traders and residents who are as pee'd off as you are.

It might seem like a lot of effort to go to, but I think sometimes situations like the one you describe go on too long simply because everyone assumes someone else is tackling it.

Good luck.

sorry for the mis-spelling of feral!!! whoops :)

You should talk to the council too - they may have a youth offending team that need to take a look into what's going on. You also ought to talk to your local safer neighbourhood policing team and perhaps call a public meeting - there are bound to be other traders and residents who are as pee'd off as you are.

It might seem like a lot of effort to go to, but I think sometimes situations like the one you describe go on too long simply because everyone assumes someone else is tackling it.

Good luck.

I have called the Safer Neighourhood Team and am waiting for a call back. Something needs doing, its very unfair.

I have called the Safer Neighourhood Team and am waiting for a call back. Something needs doing, its very unfair.

Good on you. Are there other shops nearby whose staff/owners would support you? The local schools may have pupil welfare officers who might be interested in what's going on and be able to do something from their end.