Did we land on the Moon or is it a big conspiracy?

MOON: DID WE LAND ON IT OR WHAT?  

233 members have voted

1. 1. MOON: DID WE LAND ON IT OR WHAT?

• Yes?
    • No?

MOON: DID WE LAND ON IT OR WHAT?

One of the greatest conspiracy theories of the modern age contends that contrary to popular belief, sense and irrefutable concrete evidence, the Apollo Moon Landings were nothing more than an elaborate hoax, perpetrated by around 10,000 people, all of who never talked.

The theory goes that, in the middle of the Space Race, it was inconceivable that the Russians should reach the moon first. Even though NASA did not have the technology to reach the moon at all.

One of the so-called &Whistle-blowers who uses the pseudonymn Roger Whitaker and who is a major source to me on this subject, expounded on the fears of that time.

Originally, the U.S. Government was afraid of the socio-political aspects of Ivan reaching the moon first. But other members of Congress were thinking more on economic lines. They feared that if the Reds staked claim to the moon first, they would have an unlimited supply of green cheese, and could put a stranglehold on the World Cheese Market, holding it to ransom or controlling it completely. Which would have been disastrous, a bit like Goldfinger robbing Fort Knox in that book and film.

Of course, we know now that the Moon isnt made of cheese at all, but back then they didnt. Apparently. And they later found that there wasnt a man in it either.

The main sticking point was radiation. Whittaker told me. The space-suits that NASA had been diligently working on were not capable of deflecting the deadly radiation the astronauts would pick up after they passed through the Van Halen belt. The astronauts would have been either killed out there in space, or come back with three heads. Or turned into big cactus-monsters, like something out of Quatermass.

Another of the whistle-blowers Percy Edwards told me that those with Hollywood links attempted to gradually leach the truth to the public with clues in such fare as the James Bond film Diamonds Are Forever, and the James Brolin/ O. J. Simpson sci-fi thriller Capricorn One.

However, the Secret Cabal within NASA who were behind It all tried to discredit them in return by secretly creating and funding the cult TV show The Clangersstupid little knitted creatures who spoke in whistles.

Of course, there are those conspiracy theorists who dare to explore even further. They claim that the real reason for faking the moon landings is that there isnt actually a Moon at all. The celestial body we have seen smiling benignly down upon us for so long is actually nothing more than an elaborate mock-up, and is in fact only a few hundred feet wide, and about a mile up. Probably suspended on strings or something.

But there just daft.

What a load of bull, of course we landed on the moon and there is irrefutable evidence that we did, so 10000 people are lying are they? All those people have kept quiet for years have they?

From my experience no one can keep quiet about anything! anytime about anything, it is asking too much of human nature and especialy on such a world shattering event as that.

The moon is just a piece of cheese on a string is it? where were you educated man? Why dont you use a bit of common! as Moon Maiden would say! and you will know yourself that we did land on the moon. You have been reading too many science fiction books.

Originally posted by "halevan"

What a load of bull, of course we landed on the moon and there is irrefutable evidence that we did, so 10000 people are lying are they? All those people have kept quiet for years have they?

From my experience no one can keep quiet about anything! anytime about anything, it is asking too much of human nature and especialy on such a world shattering event as that.

I'd like to see this 'irrefutable' evidence. I bet you a tenner I can refute it. :)

Show me the proof and I'll believe it.

So... in case you hadn't seen it I was directing you to other people's views which I thought you might be interested in. :roll:

Originally posted by "Tony Ruscoe"

So... in case you hadn't seen it I was directing you to other people's views which I thought you might be interested in. :roll:

sowwie Tony thanks for telling me about the other debate about the moon :wink:

Jon is only interested in his own views :)

8):? :shock:

:? thx dats not nice

Wow, 50% of people think we didn't land on the moon. Been reading the Guardian too much I think.

the 50% also believe its made of cheese :lol: