Rude Bus Driver (vs) Good Customer Service - Stagecoach

Right,..I was on Stagecoach bus the other day no.88

I normally make a weekly pass. What happened was I ran to catch my bus, but when I got on , I accidently showed expired weekly ticket which was from previous week. The drive was very rude and told me off. I said sorry, apologised and quickly showed valid weekly ticket which was also in my pocket. Before I walked away he gave me very rude looks and asked me to hand over my expired ticket. I quickly gave him, he threw in the air under his feet and drive and I went to get my seat.

Later I realised that I get paid for my travel and I do need all the expired tickets if I want to reimburse travel through work.

Before getting off I requested him to give my tkt back and explained why I needed it...... He totally exploded on me, called me a "Fraudster" and kept saying "you committed a fraud", I was extremely upset as I had a valid ticket and was no way near to committing a fraud. I found it extremely ridiculous. I was so embarressed as all the passengers watched me and looked at me like I was a real fraudster. I requested him a few times to give my old ticket back but he didn't. As I was getting late for work, I simply had to give up. I asked for his name, he refused to give me. He gave me his driver number or something which I took. Before leaving I told him that I will make a complaint about you as Im not happy...His reply was..."Go and tell who ever you like but I will not give your ticket back as you have committed a fraud".

All I could do was take a picture of the bus registration number. He quickly drive as he saw me taking a pic.

I thought about calling it a day and forget, but I couldn't forget the embarressment I had infront of everyone when he called me a fraudster again and again.

Now comes the nice part...I called Stagecoach Customer service. I was surprised to hear from a very polite lady, who heard all my story very calmly. She assured me that we will look into it, she apologised on the driver's behalf and agreed with me that the driver shouldn't have done that at all, specially when you had a valid ticket. She said we will get back to you within a week's time and gave me her name as well.

Now..what I saw this morning was a big surprised. I recieved a letter from Stagecoach, apologising for whatever happened. The driver was questioned and informed that its not appropriate to call someone with a valid ticket a fraudster. Regarding the travel reimbursement, Stagecoach has given me a voucher for the same price to use for a weekly ticket!!!!

I feel so good now, it just shows how professional and polite some people are and how good their customer service is......and how rude some people are to their customers (including that driver) I hope he doesnt do the same to any other passenger. I'm sure I dealt it the right way, If I wasn't getting late for work, I would have stayed on the bus until he gave me old ticket back and asked him to call the police if I was really committing a fraud.....(PLEASE SHARE YOUR SOTRIES IF YOU WERE EVER IN A SIMILAR SITUATION) THANKS.

Buy a Fiat Punto. Same hassle, but at least you can say you own a car.

You did the right thing in contacting Stagecoach first and not the Star. I'm pleased you managed to get a suitable resolution for the issue.

Just make sure you have the correct ticket in your hand next time the bus turns up, eh? Nothing ticks the peasant classes off more than a passenger who's been waiting for twenty minutes for the bus, and only decides to start looking for their bus fare or pass when the bus driver asks for it :roll:

You did the right thing in contacting Stagecoach first and not the Star. I'm pleased you managed to get a suitable resolution for the issue.

Just make sure you have the correct ticket in your hand next time the bus turns up, eh? Nothing ticks the peasant classes off more than a passenger who's been waiting for twenty minutes for the bus, and only decides to start looking for their bus fare or pass when the bus driver asks for it :roll:

Thanks for your message. Yeah I thought so, contacting Stagecoach was the right thing to do. I took 2 seconds to show him the right ticket as they were both in my pocket, didn't take long at all. I think the driver was just having a bad day and took his anger out on me.

Those devoid of humour, build small ears' Adolf Hitler 1952.

am i missing something?

----------------------------------

mokhan

well done some of those rude drivers think that passengers wont complain and in most circumstances they dont so well done again

am i missing something?

mokhan

well done some of those rude drivers think that passengers wont complain and in most circumstances they dont so well done again

What are you missing? I will try and help.

am i missing something?

mokhan

Thanks Kidley, yeah I know these things happen a lot. And poor passengers are blamed for nothing and they let it go.

I was actually letting it go, but I felt really bad afterwards and I thought its not fair and this rude driver will carry on doing this to other passengers, so I must address. I'm glad Stagecoach took action against him.

but the driver is right not been funny but i have seen people been over aggressive and its your word against his and how many people try this nowdays ?

but the driver is right not been funny but i have seen people been over aggressive and its your word against his and how many people try this nowdays ?

ormester101, I agree with you, people do try these things. But think about it, I was carrying a valid ticket, no way near to what fraudsters do.

I simply asked for my old ticket back, as I am a professional, I work at different sites and get paid for my travel.

i dont think he's right calling anybody a Fraudster and shouting at them for a simple mistake

Thanks Kidley, yeah I know these things happen a lot. And poor passengers are blamed for nothing and they let it go.

I was actually letting it go, but I felt really bad afterwards and I thought its not fair and this rude driver will carry on doing this to other passengers, so I must address. I'm glad Stagecoach took action against him.

I agree! People using pubic transport for toilet duties really gets my goat. No wonder the whole bus experience smells of fecal and urine. Hold it in please.

I was on a bus (a First bus, mind you, not SC)the other week, where the driver was subjected to a tirade of abuse, including racist comments because he would not permit someone's daughter to travel for a concessionary fare when she was not carrying her pass. the child was about 14, which means she has known that a pass is necessary to get the concessionary fare for at least 3/4 years, so there is no excuse for not knowing.

The pass has to be shown to claim the child/ disabled/ OAP concession. As the rules say, "no pass, no concession..."

The driver was right in what he did. The teenager was not alone, so there was no issue about her being "abandoned" at the stop with no means of getting home. Her mother was with her, there were no safety issues.

The driver dealt with it politely, but firmly. There was no need for the parent to scream like a harridan at him. he was only carrying out his duties as per SYPTE policy.