Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Yodel delivery service centre

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

06-07-2011, 17:28   #1
leviaxxan

Total Posts: 5
Does anyone happen to know the service centre code for Yodel Sheffield?

They "tried to deliver" today but noone was available and left a card, only thing is they didn't try to deliver nor leave a card. It's the card that has the service centre number on it and as it wasn't left I can't set a redelivery.
06-07-2011, 18:12   #2
carltoncdx

Total Posts: 534
Yodel is the new name for home delivery network.....based on the ind estate behind Gilders VW at unstone.
May help you!!
_______
WANTED!!!! Used/waste vegetable oil for re-use as fuel..Free collection..min 20lts..no maximum...help the enviroment..I match Bookers price!!!!!RECYCLE!
www.landyzone.co.uk The green oval owners forum...come and say hello!
06-07-2011, 20:05   #3
leviaxxan

Total Posts: 5
Thanks for posting, unfortunately it needs the 4 digit code and I can't find it anywhere on the net.
06-07-2011, 20:55   #4
Placebo

Total Posts: 599
Chuffing crap they are as well! Should have had my new printer and according to them - it has not been possible to 'put the parcel on the van as there are TOO MANY!'

Tough boobies! Get it sorted Yodel!
_______
Life Is Just A Ride
BILL HICKS
10-07-2011, 14:01   #5
Toru

Total Posts: 3
Hi

Maybe a bit late in the day but... I had the same problem with HDN/Yodel a while back. Eventually got the direct line number for the depot from a facebook page setup by other "disgruntled" customers.

Yodel/Home Delivery Network

Carrwood Rd, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 9QA

Tel: 01246 260142

Rang them with the tracking reference number from my email confirmation, they found the parcel and I picked it up from the depot half an hour later. To be fair, once I'd found a way to speak to a real person they were really helpful
15-09-2011, 10:27   #6
maneck35

Total Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviaxxan View Post

They "tried to deliver" today but noone was available and left a card, only thing is they didn't try to deliver nor leave a card. It's the card that has the service centre number on it and as it wasn't left I can't set a redelivery.
This has been happening to me for the past 2 days. They say they've left a card but I see nothing. I read up online and it seems that the drivers do this if they haven't got time to deliver the parcel at the end of the day.

Called up the Chesterfield office and they gave me the number for the Sheffield office - 01142626233. I've been calling them since an hour and the number's constantly busy.
04-03-2013, 12:02   #7
NSP_Gooner

Total Posts: 26
I got their address from the automated system. It is given as: Unit 11 - 14, Parkhouse Lane, Tinsley, S9 1XA. Hope this helps
04-03-2013, 12:24   #8
nikki-red
Pyjama addict

Total Posts: 35,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSP_Gooner View Post
I got their address from the automated system. It is given as: Unit 11 - 14, Parkhouse Lane, Tinsley, S9 1XA. Hope this helps

I think the OP may have sorted it by now, it was over 18 months ago!
_______
Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, the word after it's said,
the occasion after it's missed, the time after it's gone
04-03-2013, 14:36   #9
rothlad11

Total Posts: 54
I realise this is an old thread, but if anyone has trouble with Yodel (who are absolutely appalling by the way), your best bet is contacting them through Twitter.

Sounds silly, but if you complain about their service, and with tweets being searchable and therefore public, they soon jump and sort your issue out.
04-03-2013, 14:39   #10
frededwards

Total Posts: 1,323
I refuse, point-blank, to deal with anyone who uses Yodel for deliveries.

The sooner this appalling shower go out of business, the better.
04-03-2013, 16:09   #11
Dozer

Total Posts: 162
I've had a terrible couple of years with Yodel deliveries. Deliveries they claim were made that weren't. One sensitive item chucked over the garden fence. Pickups for returns that failed day after day. Stuff that showed up days late.

But for the last couple of months every Yodel delivery has been on time and delivered by the same very professional fellow. Could be just one good apple, but hope it's a sign that they are cleaning up their act.

Anyone else?
04-03-2013, 16:15   #12
Pixie824

Total Posts: 1,197
Have had a couple of things delivered by Yodel in the last year, was a bit worried as they have really bad reviews but everything was as it should be. One item couldn't be delivered as I wasn't in but I called and they got it straight out to me. Couldn't fault their service at all.
_______
The Night walked down the sky with the Moon in her hand
05-03-2013, 09:12   #13
DeathAxe

Total Posts: 2,267
A company name change and still up to their old tricks. Had probs with these guys a few times, even pretending to knock on the door, or just leaving a card without knocking. Seriously odd behavior. The guy pooed himself when I caught him in the act.

The chimp at the office choked on all of his words, very funny indeed.
06-03-2013, 15:58   #14
catpus

Total Posts: 580
Send a message via AIM to catpus
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviaxxan View Post

Hi I had the same problem two years when I waited in all day for an Ikea delivery at my daughter's house. When I rang they said that the guy had tried to deliver... but I had been sitting with the door open all day (It was the summer) I arranged another delivery, and the guys who delivered told me that the one who was supposed to deliver was working a scam, and got paid anyway even if it was an 'unable to deliver.' So I rang the Manager and told her what I knew, and asked her to interview him and ask him what colour my daughter's door was (red) and what was outside (widow boxes full of bright red geraniums) Guess what? They didn't get back to me, and it would appear he is still doing it!
My advice... if you are having something delivered, ascertain who the delivery company is, and ring them direct and tell them you will not tolerate what you know. OR get the people you are buying from to have it delivered by another courier?
Reply To Topic