How to get my son off of cannabis

Can anyone help or know anywhere that offers help. Im so worried about him, he does want to come off it himself but keeps going back, hes really depressed and bored, he trys to keep out of trouble and off the streets i just want to help him before it leads to harder drugs, there must be some help out there.

Talk to Frank 0800 77 66 00.

Or he can go to his Doctor. Bear in mind if he really wanted to stop smoking it, he would have.

you cant, like any drug, including alcohol it has to be him that really wants / needs to come off it.

i smoked it for 18 years but stopped..eventually, as i could no longer get any easily, and got out of the habit.

with him if he really wants to stop he needs to cut off all avenues of supply, try and occupy his mind with things that arent dope related.

what i found easier was id swap between alcohol and weed. when id had too much weed for a week id have booze more and when id had too much alcohol for the week id smoke a few joints, try and cut down on both eventually

Can anyone help or know anywhere that offers help. Im so worried about him, he does want to come off it himself but keeps going back, hes really depressed and bored, he trys to keep out of trouble and off the streets i just want to help him before it leads to harder drugs, there must be some help out there.

Engage your son, find things that are common ground. Bond. Get out and about and laugh at things.

Don't underestimate how hard it is. A lot of the problem is dependance upon nicotine. He needs to start knocking up spliffs with just tobacco but going through the motions as if for Cannabis. After a month he would then need to come off tobacco and there are plenty of options there.

You're right to want to get him off it. It leads to worse drugs but if the lad wants to kick it, he'll do it with the help of self belief and a big helping of 'I've got a big ole pair'. Good luck to your boy.

Don't underestimate how hard it is. A lot of the problem is dependance upon nicotine. He needs to start knocking up spliffs with just tobacco but going through the motions as if for Cannabis. After a month he would then need to come off tobacco and there are plenty of options there.

indeed, i dont smoke, but smoked "spliff" for 18 years, i believe what i was addicted to was the tobacco, as i didnt like smoking it pure, needed it to have tobacco in.

You're right to want to get him off it. It leads to worse drugs

no it doesnt

it CAN lead to worse drugs, for others it leads them OFF worse drugs

You're right to want to get him off it. It leads to worse drugs but if the lad wants to kick it, he'll do it with the help of self belief and a big helping of 'I've got a big ole pair'. Good luck to your boy.

The only reason for this would be the people someone using cannabis may mix with, there's absolutely no reason that cannabis itself would lead to the use of harder drugs.

Cannabis can be worse than ordinary tobacco to kick. I think boredom is a lot to do with it. Its not the taking of it, but what it leads to, mainly paranoia.

no it doesnt

it CAN lead to worse drugs, for others it leads them OFF worse drugs

You are bang on but consider this. Dealer "Haven't got any skunk but I have got some sniff".