Your message here

Help with Hermes couriers

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

10-02-2011, 10:40   #1
HbroChris

Total Posts: 297
Morning all,

I'm after nayone who works for, or who has experience with getting deliveries from Hermes couriers in Sheffield.

I placed an order last Thursday from Next, and they said it would be delivered the day after (ie. 4 Feb) via Hermes. I've been trying to track the parcel on their website and it gives the following actions:

Date Time Status
10/02/2011 09:42 Courier Received
10/02/2011 03:17 Out For Delivery To Courier
09/02/2011 22:32 Processed at Depot
09/02/2011 13:14 Receipt at Depot
08/02/2011 10:08 Courier to Re-attempt
04/02/2011 03:22 Out For Delivery To Courier
03/02/2011 22:12 Processed at Depot
03/02/2011 20:25 Receipt at Depot

Now to me this looks like the parcel is bouncing between Next and Hermes. It obvioulsy didn't arrive on the actual delivery date, and I haven't been carded.

I wrote a long(ish) request on Hermes contact me page (under their "Parcel Query" heading) and got an instant auto-reply back saying "We cannot help you with parcel queries" and advising me to contact the supplier (Grr, why have this option if you're not going to respond to those queries! ). Now the order was placed under my OH's account and Next won't speak to me.
She's away for a week and can't contact Next.

I can only really be in for the delivery on a Saturday (when we ordered it we knew we would be at home on the dleivery date) but can't seem to contact the courier to tell them this.

Any thoughts? Anyone have any idea if the above means what I think it means?
_______
Despite constant warning, you've never met anyone who has had their arm broken by a swan
Swans: apparently they can break your arm.
10-02-2011, 10:47   #2
hels1977

Total Posts: 2,075
They're rubbish. My parcel on a "next day" delivery arrived 3 days later. I was out, they didn't leave it with my next door neighbour, no - they left it 4 houses away!! I didn't even know the people, they kindly took it in for me but exceedingly random. I'd rather they just took it back to the depot or arranged a redelivery, much like Royal Mail allow you to do.
10-02-2011, 10:49   #3
Sunni

Total Posts: 475
Hermes customer service is terrible. I hope you get it sorted
_______
It's always Sunny in my head
10-02-2011, 11:00   #4
HbroChris

I think part of the problem is that they don't have a customer-accessible depot as such, because they use local private couriers, so there's not even anywhere I can go, or anyone I can call to find out more.

Ideally what needs to happen now is for them to deliver on Saturday, but given the slightly confusing nature of the deliveyr status I'm not even sure that it's with a courier to deliver to me.
_______
Despite constant warning, you've never met anyone who has had their arm broken by a swan
10-02-2011, 11:03   #5
The Blonde

Total Posts: 1,728
My Next courier is lovely and always comes first thing before I go out. If you have facebook search for 'Next' and send them a query on their page and Next will PM you regarding the problem
10-02-2011, 11:23   #6
HbroChris

I'll try that when I get home tonight, thanks.
_______
10-02-2011, 12:41   #7
corgigasman

Total Posts: 1,471
Had a very similar experience a couple of months ago, bought something off of e-bay and seller used Hermes......took about 2 weeks to arrive and, as you say, their website is totally useless, kept getting similar unhelpful updates like the ones you have listed
_______
Available for private domestic work. Ideal approved installer. Tel : 07914356608 Gas-safe : 504850 Not VAT registered so no VAT to pay on any quotes
Sponsored Links
10-02-2011, 13:15   #8
Total Chaos

Total Posts: 4,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by HbroChris View Post
I'll try that when I get home tonight, thanks.
Off topic,it is supposed to be the power of there wings that break your arm.Its not likely your gonna hang around when one wants to get up close,i know i didnt,i had to watch the B#@$&$%S eat all my fishing bait
_______
Illuminati-Real Eyes Realise Real Lies
10-02-2011, 13:19   #9
HbroChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Chaos View Post
Off topic,it is supposed to be the power of there wings that break your arm.Its not likely your gonna hang around when one wants to get up close,i know i didnt,i had to watch the B#@$&$%S eat all my fishing bait
I wonder why swans specifically attack arms then?

I always thought it was a myth until someone corrected me on a post. The bit on my sig is a hyperlink to his post, there may be more info on it.

My friend once had a duck fly into his gentleman's fun zone, but that's as much experience as I have with the subject.
_______
10-02-2011, 13:22   #10
ah1975

Total Posts: 83
I'm currently having an absolute nightmare with a Next delivery that went missing & has been outstanding since the beginning of December, done with speaking to them on the phone & now email their customer complaints department directly on this email address :- Complaints_Department@next.co.uk quote the account number in your query.

Hope you have better look than me in getting it sorted!
10-02-2011, 13:26   #11
HbroChris

Blimey, what swines!

Is it with the courier then? I'm about this (*indicates small distance*) close from just cancelling the order, but it's stuff that I can't get in the shop.

I'll try emailing Next and just pretending to be the OH, which should be fine.

The way I see it, it's theri responsibility to sort the courier out (not to say I won't ring them if I find a sodding number anywhere!).
_______
10-02-2011, 13:32   #12
ah1975

Total Posts: 83
Quote:
Blimey, what swines!

Is it with the courier then? I'm about this (*indicates small distance*) close from just cancelling the order, but it's stuff that I can't get in the shop.

I'll try emailing Next and just pretending to be the OH, which should be fine.

The way I see it, it's theri responsibility to sort the courier out (not to say I won't ring them if I find a sodding number anywhere!).
Yes all Next's records show the parcel being out for delivery but the courier (Hermes) has said it's still in the warehouse, from December!! in the meantime I have been charged for these items & am at the end of my tether now! lost count of the amt of emails I have sent, suffice to say when the refund is finally put on my acct I shall be closing it down!
10-02-2011, 13:37   #13
Total Chaos

Total Posts: 4,163
Quote:
I wonder why swans specifically attack arms then?

I always thought it was a myth until someone corrected me on a post. The bit on my sig is a hyperlink to his post, there may be more info on it.

My friend once had a duck fly into his gentleman's fun zone, but that's as much experience as I have with the subject.
Im guessing because your arms are up in defence, if they jumped you, so more likely to get hit + depends on the build of the man/woman an arm can be thin.As for your friend ,maybe the poor thing saw a maggot
_______
Illuminati-Real Eyes Realise Real Lies
10-02-2011, 14:40   #14
The Blonde

Total Posts: 1,728
Anyone having trouble with them call 0800478478 it's a free number for Next Customer services that not everyone knows about. Also like i've mentioned before if you post your problem on their Facebook wall they are really helpful
10-02-2011, 15:30   #15
cuddlycats

Total Posts: 1,677
I had a parcel that was apparently delivered at 10.15pm on a friday night. The courier said it had been left behind my bins. No parcel. The parcel then arrived 1 week later, after i had already received a refund.
10-02-2011, 16:32   #16
speeder

Total Posts: 624
try this number 01709 830727, direct number to Rotherham depot ;-))
_______
We do not stop playing because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop playing.
10-02-2011, 16:54   #17
gamezone07

Total Posts: 880
Is it Hermes the company where its self empoyed couriers get less than the minimum wage, its likely that is the only way they can compete to deliver so cheaply, though Hermes have been good with me.
10-02-2011, 17:35   #18
roobydoo

Total Posts: 441
Im in Aston and our local Hermes courier is great, if you're not in she leaves you a card with her number and delivers next day unless you tell her otherwise. Seems the service is dependant on which delivery person you get !
10-02-2011, 17:39   #19
katkin

Total Posts: 5,662
My regular Hermes courier is brilliant, reliable and friendly, goes out of his way to deliver early morning if it has to be signed for and rings in advance to check we are home but I ordered something from freemans and was told it was with Hermes 10th January and on it's way to me, (not my usual courier though, item wouldve been too big) and hasn't been seen or heard of since and I wouldn't mind but how do you lose a bl88dy great treadmill?
10-02-2011, 19:07   #20
Dan_Ashcroft

Total Posts: 1,682
Terrible, terrible company.

1 out of 5 parcels they've supposed to deliver to me has ever arrived - and that was thrown over a 6' gate and left broken and soggy.

They also have a policy of not speaking to customers - they'll only deal with retailers.

I now boycott all retailers who use them and would advise everyone else to do the same.

Stick with the proper courier companies like DHL.
_______
Here is the paradox: the Victorians built for profit and created communities, while now the planners build for a caring society and create ghettos.
Reply To Topic