Anyone remember bents green school

Thought a mate was winding me up when he said he went to the bents green school for delicate children. Apparently it did exist

Thought a mate was winding me up when he said he went to the bents green school for delicate children. Apparently it did exist

i also whent to bentsgreen school and it was a bording school as well u staid there from monday till friday i would not say we were deicate but most of us were delinquents lol it was a good school we whent horse riding every tuesday

i also whent to bentsgreen school and it was a bording school as well u staid there from monday till friday i would not say we were deicate but most of us were delinquents lol it was a good school we whent horse riding every tuesday

both my brothers whent there in the 80s bothed enjoyed it good food and plenty of trips to go on it did sound a nice school

why would he wind you up about that? Of course it existed. it's mentioned, by me, for one, in a number of threads on here.

It was an excellent school. My sister went there, she left in 1982.

it was originally an "Open Air School", which was mainly for children with resioratory problems (Asthma TB etc) or otherwise considered "delicate".

When my sis was a pupil there, some children had Physical Impairments, whilst others of the children had what was then called "Mental Handicaps", now termed more nicely "learning disabilities".

Some Kids were boarders, others, like my sis, were "day scholars". My sis longed to be a boarder, (for some reason! ;) )

the headmaster, mr bailey was a fabulous man, a big, big, guy, with a big, big, heart. Most pupils called into his office on the way into class for a hug from him. he was a gem, very dedicated, and got teh best from his pupils.

I went to Whiteley Woods & we went down to Bents Green school & there were kids of all disabitlies,a well run place .

It still does exist, doesn't it, Bents Green SEN (special educational needs) Secondary School