Condensation in my car

can anyone tell me why my vaux astra car windows keep getting condensation inside.its starting to get very annoying now.even when i put heater on they steam up.i swear am going to put windows through.have been told u can buy crystals that take out the moisture in the car.

Ha ha, your not the only one. I have the same problem.

Possibly got a leaking heater matrix? or water ingress through the roof aerial?

It could be that something has been spilled in the car. To get rid of the excess moisture, first you need to find, clean and dry any spillage, then with the engine running and the heaters on full, leave a window slightly open (about 1-2 cm)

This sometimes happens if you have the recycled air option selected, or if it isn't dis-engaging correctly when you turn it off.

It might also be moisture in the car mats - take them out, give them a good clean and replace when dry.

I had it in my MK3 astra, now in my MK4. A friend has a MK4 and he has the problem too. Never bothered me i just get on with it, but i have just googled it.

"have had problems similar with astras which turned out to be pollen filter not being changed in years and it retains all the moisture make sure if your vehicle has one that its changed regular "

It could be the head gasket. Mine was steaming up and thats what it turned out to be. Eventually the car just gave up.

It could be the head gasket. Mine was steaming up and thats what it turned out to be. Eventually the car just gave up.

Head gasket and window condensation are 2 VERY different things.

Head gasket and window condensation are 2 VERY different things.

It happens because the warm air that comes from the engine bay is moist due to the head gasket failiure and therefore condenses on the windscreen.

Even if you dont have the heaters on it will blow warm moist air onto the inside of the windscreen through the vents.

A head gaskets purpose is to avoid leakage of coolant or engine oil into the cylinders. You can get water on the engine from splashing in puddles, rain water running in to the engine bay and so on, so the warm moist air could get in to the car at any time, old or new.

The pollen filter seems more logical if there are not leaks. Also as others have said, damp carpets.

haha head gasket haha

try changing your pollen filter like i did on my astra £5 ish and 2 minutes to fit and problems solved

hahahahahahaha head gasket hahahahahahahahahaha