Industrial workers organisation

Has anyone had a phonecall from the above? They were trying to say i can claim compensation for any hearing loss that i may have suffered during previous employments. They caught me in a moment of weakness and i gave them my age and postcode and a previous employer from a long time ago. However, when i asked about telephone numbers/ addresses the caller was very evasive and said someone would be calling in the next few days who would furnish the info. Apparently, the next caller will be setting up an appointment for me at a clinic to undergo an audiometry test. (theres nothing wrong with my hearing). I can smell a scam and wondered if anyone else has had these calls. Ive had a surf on the net and cant find any reference to this organisation.

Edited by wadsleyblade

I advise you to report them to the police

Has anyone heard of the Industrial Workers Office. My parents who are over 70 have started receiving withheld number phone calls from the above named company purporting to be a an official company who will obtain you some compensation if you have worked in Industry. They have taken some details from my parents and informed him to be at the Carlton Park hotel in Rotherham on Thursday at 2pm for a meeting with a representative who will take his case on. I cant find anything on the internet about this company and in fact they rang again today whilst I was at my parents and when my dad asked him if he could give him anymore detail about who the company was and where they were based the man hung up. I think its the beginning of a scam on old people but I cant find anymore out. The Carlton Park Hotel confirm that a man with a foreign sounding name has booked a room all day Thursday for hearing tests, needless to say I am suspicious. can anyone shed any light on the matter and has anyone else been contacted by this company.

Turn up at stated time with a load of deaf people :D

Sounds similar to a call my Dad got last week,

hmmm .. I shall ask him about it,

JJ..

Report it to the police and tell them what you know. Or you could attend with your dad and see whats what and then report it.

I would be wary as the I attended an auction a few years ago which turned out to be a scam - a black bag auction, Carlton Park Hotel appear to attract them perhaps

is it like the one at eastgate market skeggy where you bid a tenner for a black bag???

and when you look in the bag theirs a pen or packet of playing cards..or something like that